Sponsored by:

Programing Options W/ PWIS

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Todd in PA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programing Options W/ PWIS

Does anybody have any knowledge of the programming options the dealer can do for me with the PWIS on a new '09 Cab. I have heard that my convertible top can be opened from the key fob by holding it down. I wonder of this is possible and if there are other options, I sure would like to know. Thanks in advance,
Todd
Old 08-10-2009, 05:33 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...installed.html
Old 08-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Todd in PA
Advanced

Default Thanks,

My friends coupe will now open the windows with the remote w/o any additional purchase and I am wondering what other options I might have with the programming of existing hardware.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The smart top is nice.. but they don't support Targa models, so its a non-starter for me... So I'm also interested in what can be done in with just the factory hardware.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:59 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd in PA
My friends coupe will now open the windows with the remote w/o any additional purchase and I am wondering what other options I might have with the programming of existing hardware.
Outside of the U.S. key remote operated top functionality is standard. The CAB for example has top up/down functionality via the key remote, even talked about in the 2009 USA 911 book page 28. Unfortunately, Porsche does not allow for the key remote window or top functionality for the U.S. market, must be some stupid DOT regulation. The Smartop is your only option, and a good one for these features.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd in PA
Does anybody have any knowledge of the programming options the dealer can do for me with the PWIS on a new '09 Cab. I have heard that my convertible top can be opened from the key fob by holding it down. I wonder of this is possible and if there are other options, I sure would like to know. Thanks in advance,
Todd
There are virtually countless programming options for these cars via the PWIS. However, the trick is discovering the codes. They are a lengthy collection of alphanumerics that turn on and off functionality. If the hardware is there, and you have the code(s), you can turn it on. Porsche's PCM vendor arranged to have this system capable of handling many different configurations,--and countries.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Todd in PA
Advanced

Default Yup......

Exactly! I was hoping to find out what was available and what the codes were.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

And then finding a friendly PIWIS owner to program them in.
I'd love to sign a waiver and get some of these tort-law-nanny-lawyer-limited features turned back on.
What if I drive to a dealer in Canada ?

Quick Reply: Programing Options W/ PWIS