Another happy lift owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 01:12 PM
CBnAT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another happy lift owner

Installed last week.

Jack shaft door opener with battery back up and light: http://www.liftmaster.com/consumerwe...lJackshaft.htm

Pro Park 8 Plus lift: http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Di...ppro-park8.htm

Installed:

Pictured, the lift will still go up 6 more inches and my FJ 40 will fit under it without it's rack.

P-car has it's own garage, so sorry it's not in the picture.

Last edited by CBnAT; 06-23-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

I'm shopping for one now. Any particular reasons you went with the PP8?
Old 08-10-2009, 02:43 PM
CBnAT
Pro

It lifts up higher than the others with a narrower width and shorter length. The 9k lift is wider and longer. I wanted to maximize space in the garage.

I can walk around all 4 sides of this one without having to squeeze through anywhere.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:21 PM
JmanCLS55
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's nice. I need one for my garage.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:31 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Install it yourself, or have it done professionally? If someone else did it, what did they charge?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:37 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Nice. Did you get the burl walnut remote?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

What is the height of your garage? What is the total combined height of both vehicles? I need to get one.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:47 PM
CBnAT
Pro

Originally Posted by p-cardriver
Install it yourself, or have it done professionally? If someone else did it, what did they charge?
It was picked up from the lift company, delivered to my house, installed (including fluid) for $500. It took those two guys only a couple of hours. He told me the first few they did took more like 6 hours. If you are thinking of doing it yourself, be sure to factor that in. Also, the parts are very large and very heavy.

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
Nice. Did you get the burl walnut remote?
In my other garage I did, but this one came with a cool heat sensitive silver and black one. Also the button in the garage has a motion detecting sensor that turns on the light.

Originally Posted by Riz
What is the height of your garage? What is the total combined height of both vehicles? I need to get one.
I can't recall off the top of my head but right now the lift is locked at 75" under which is 6'3' (under ramps). I still can go up another 6" to lock at 80" (under ramps). Doing so to me seems like it will put the Camaro dangerously close to damage. I can walk under the lift now without worry of hitting my head.

I had all the measurements written down, but I can't find them. To measure I held a long level off the highest part of the cars. Remember, at least with this lift, you have to go up (about 1/2 an inch) to unlock the latches and be able to come down.

Anyone who has been considering doing this, do it. I waited too long. Plus, if you call Greg Smith directly they will give you a better price than their website shows.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:04 PM
speedy88
Banned

Nice. I have been thinking about it, but it seems to be too big and expensive of a job. I have to get someone from the garage door company to change out the rails, so it goes further up and bring my garage door opener flush to the ceiling! On top of that, I have to remove the storage shelves currently mounted on the ceiling!!!

Oh well, maybe moving to another house might be the easier way! Less hassel, but not less expensive! ;-)
Old 08-12-2009, 06:54 PM
CBnAT
Pro

Originally Posted by red96m3
Nice. I have been thinking about it, but it seems to be too big and expensive of a job. I have to get someone from the garage door company to change out the rails, so it goes further up and bring my garage door opener flush to the ceiling! On top of that, I have to remove the storage shelves currently mounted on the ceiling!!!

Oh well, maybe moving to another house might be the easier way! Less hassle, but not less expensive! ;-)
It's worth all the hassle.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Hockeyman11385
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't imagine moving would be less of a hassle than moving some garage door parts around. Moving is the worst.

Quick Reply: Another happy lift owner