2006 C4S value

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 05:06 PM
MaxC2S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 C4S value

Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking on this site for many months and found you guys to be very knowledgeable and curtious. I have been looking for a 997 C2s for several months in Chicago land but there has not been many with color and options I want.

I have located a 2006 C4S with less than 10,000 miles, color I wanted and options as follows: Full Leather, Electric Comfort Seats with Memory, Self Dimming Mirrors, Heated Front Seats, 19" Carrera S Wheels, Wheel Caps with Colored Crests, DVD Navigation, Bose High End Sound Package, Sport Chrono Package Plus, PSM (Porsche Stability Management), PASM (Electronic Damper Control), Short Shifter, Sport Exhaust System, 3-Spoke Steering Wheel in Leather, Porsche Crests in the Headrests, Xenon Lights, manual gear box

The car is listed for $60,000. I realize there are hundreds of discussions on this topic ( ihave probably read most of them) I would very much appreciate what you think the car realy should sell for given that it is C4S.

Thanks for the iput!!
Old 08-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxC2S
Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking on this site for many months and found you guys to be very knowledgeable and curtious. I have been looking for a 997 C2s for several months in Chicago land but there has not been many with color and options I want.

I have located a 2006 C4S with less than 10,000 miles, color I wanted and options as follows: Full Leather, Electric Comfort Seats with Memory, Self Dimming Mirrors, Heated Front Seats, 19" Carrera S Wheels, Wheel Caps with Colored Crests, DVD Navigation, Bose High End Sound Package, Sport Chrono Package Plus, PSM (Porsche Stability Management), PASM (Electronic Damper Control), Short Shifter, Sport Exhaust System, 3-Spoke Steering Wheel in Leather, Porsche Crests in the Headrests, Xenon Lights, manual gear box

The car is listed for $60,000. I realize there are hundreds of discussions on this topic ( ihave probably read most of them) I would very much appreciate what you think the car realy should sell for given that it is C4S.

Thanks for the iput!!
Hard to say. What's Porsche market like where you are? At dealer today and a nice 2006 Carrera Tip in Carmona Red with wood interior treatment with 13909 miles (last time I looked) was still for sale. Spotted this car on Porsche dealer's lot 6 weeks or more ago. Didn't bother to check price this time. I'm not in market. It was listed at $69988 but believed at the time the price way too high. My market research out of date and my memory fuzzy so I can't make estimate of price now.

If it is still offered at $69.9K price too high. Checked online: Car offered now at $65.9K. Still priced over market is my opinion. Beautiful car though.

My technique is to visit www.kbb.com and do a price search on cars you're interested in. Note their trade-in value. Almost certainly dealer has less in car than the public trade-in number.

Somewhere between trade-in value and what dealer's asking for car is what car is worth.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For 997s KBB has been low as of late.

Check Edmunds and NADA.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:50 AM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Sounds like a good deal to me. It's a C4S with low miles, full leather, nav, xenons, 19" wheels and a bunch of other options. You say you like the color. That price sounds fair to me. If you really like the car offer him a little less and see if you get it. You can always pay more if he digs in on the price.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:24 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from my discussions with dealers - including rob here - and based on my own analysis from kbb, edmunds, nada, manheim, there's about a spread of $8k between wholesale and retail in the dealer channel and if you're splitting that your in good shape, everybody wins. $60k for that car can be had for a bit less, especially an 06. kbb is way out of whack though i think. i don't understand why but their model is not taking into account the wild variations we're seeing in today's markets.

that said, getting the color you want on a used car is worth paying a premium. i'd pay $2-4k to get exactly what you want and feel good about it.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:26 AM
MaxC2S
Intermediate

Thanks for the input.

The prices here in Chicago land are always high but since no one has had a 997S with color and options I am intersted in I have not tried to negotiate a price with the dealer.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the iput!!
That sounds like an excellent deal to me.That's what I got in trade in January. I know the market has changed for the worse since then but that car listed for over 100k new
Old 08-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Macster
Race Director

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the iput!!
Wel, I just ran the car through KBB and NADA.

KBB: Trade-in numbers range from $42K to $48K. Retail: $58K. Private party sale: $46K to $52K.

NADA: Trade-in numbers range from $51K to $54K to $57K. Retail: $64K.

If I were in the market for this car which site's numbers do you think I'd use?

If I were trying to sell this car which site's numbers do you think I'd use?

The above numbers just highlight that price is not fact only an opinion.

Just did a search at Autotrader for 2006 911s any distance. 423 cars found. Highest price: $86.5K; Lowest: $39.9K; Average: $58.9K. Keep in mind this search includes Turbos and Cab which tend to drive the prices up.

BTW, that Carmona Red Carrera I found over a month ago listed at $69.9K and recently listed at $65K is listed for $59.9K.

I'm telling you the late model used Carrera market is soft. Very soft.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:25 PM
patela
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove the car Macster is talking about a couple of weeks ago. They're now offering it at a firm $56K and change. ($54K if you don't take the CPO). It's been at that price for a few weeks, and was briefly "sold" except that the buyer didn't qualify for financing or something.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

patela - Is the red one you guys are talking about a Carrera or Carrera S? What dealership?
Old 08-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by patela
I drove the car Macster is talking about a couple of weeks ago. They're now offering it at a firm $56K and change. ($54K if you don't take the CPO). It's been at that price for a few weeks, and was briefly "sold" except that the buyer didn't qualify for financing or something.
Why that two timing piece of tin! How dare she let someone else have a drive.

Seriously, that is one fine looking car. Had it not been a Tip I might have bought it then and there (and paid too much). In fact I was tempted to buy it and live with a Tip -- it would have served at a commuter car most of the time -- but I found a nice Turbo instead.

What did you think of the dark wood treatment?

Oh, when I was at dealer Saturday, just missed someone leaving in new black Turbo!

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by EddieC
patela - Is the red one you guys are talking about a Carrera or Carrera S? What dealership?
Here's link:

http://michael-stead.porschedealer.c...47598/info.php

Carrera I think, not S.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:38 PM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Thanks Macster.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:10 PM
wiggy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up an 06 C2S Cab equipped as follows:

Black
Black Full Leather
Carbon Package Switch Panel
Power Seat Package
Instrument Dials in Black
Self Dimming Mirrors
Heated Front Seats
19" Carrera Classic Wheel
Carbon Str Whl Multifctn
Chrono Package Plus
Electronic Logbook
Module for Telephone PCM
Handset for Telephone Module
Navigation for PCM
Bose High End Sound Package
Remote CD Changer (6 Disc)
Carbon Package
Supple Leather Front and Rear
Black Mats - Porsche lettering
Sport Shifter
Sport Exhaust System
Porsche Crest in Headrest
Door Finisher in Carbon
Carbon Door Sill Mdl Insignia

Car had $8,500 of carbon on it (still amazes me), and the car had 5,500 miles on it, of course a CPO too. Its basically a brand new car.

I felt like i stole it, but oh well! Good luck

Last edited by wiggy; 07-19-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggy
I just picked up an 06 C2S Cab equipped as follows:

Black
Black Full Leather
Carbon Package Switch Panel
Power Seat Package
Instrument Dials in Black
Self Dimming Mirrors
Heated Front Seats
19" Carrera Classic Wheel
Carbon Str Whl Multifctn
Chrono Package Plus
Electronic Logbook
Module for Telephone PCM
Handset for Telephone Module
Navigation for PCM
Bose High End Sound Package
Remote CD Changer (6 Disc)
Carbon Package
Supple Leather Front and Rear
Black Mats - Porsche lettering
Sport Shifter
Sport Exhaust System
Porsche Crest in Headrest
Door Finisher in Carbon
Carbon Door Sill Mdl Insignia

Car had $8,500 of carbon on it (still amazes me), and the car had 5,500 miles on it, of course a CPO too. I paid $55,000 for it. Its basically a brand new car.

I felt like i stole it, but oh well! Good luck
I'm calling the Police!!!!!!
Nice deal, what an option list, it must be beautiful. We need pictures right away....

Quick Reply: 2006 C4S value