997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer GM called and apologized; matter resolved

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009 | 02:10 AM
boolala
Race Car

So you paid 5 out of 6 months lease payments and 3 of them (+1 that they agreed to pay for you) were forwarded by the dealer to PFS and the dealer kept 1 month as their "profit?"

So you wound up paying for 5/6 months, correct?
Old 07-29-2009 | 02:27 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't know who you are talking to, but the rules here are that PMs are exactly that, and you break the rules by publishing contents.

Let's review:

You signed a deal.

There was a program, and it appears you didn't qualify.

The delay in payment was explained and apologized for!

You posted here, and presented a case that "lease payments" might have been misapplied, or that you were entitled to them.

The reaction you got was that certain members here, sympathetic to your plight went to bat for you, and discovered that the facts altered the interpretations. I don't think anybody dismissed your concerns as nothing. Quite the contrary! But others have jumped in and disparaged a Dealer based upon your posts for no apparent reason.

At the end of the day, the method and manner of applying lease payments (in the Finance office) is something you should have considered at the time of the deal. Trying to redo the deal after the fact is an exercise in futility.

It never changes, the messenger always gets in trouble.
Old 07-29-2009 | 02:51 AM
Maxy
Advanced

Whole thing gives me a headache. This is why I pay for *everything* in cash. (Fortunately, my appetites are generally within what I can afford.) No leases. No financing. Sure, I'm probably missing out on some great deals along the way, but at least I know exactly where my money is going.
Old 07-29-2009 | 02:53 AM
SY-997
Instructor

Originally Posted by hlee1169
Today I received a copy of the check that the dealer has sent to PFS, and PFS also confirmed that my account has now a balance of zero. I breathed a sigh of relief.
Good for you.
Old 07-29-2009 | 03:27 AM
hlee1169
Pro

Originally Posted by boolala
So you paid 5 out of 6 months lease payments and 3 of them (+1 that they agreed to pay for you) were forwarded by the dealer to PFS and the dealer kept 1 month as their "profit?"

So you wound up paying for 5/6 months, correct?
I have 6 months left. The dealer proposed to me, pay 5 months, and we had a deal. I paid 5 months to the dealer. The dealer paid 3 months to PFS, so 2 months are their profit.
Old 07-29-2009 | 03:36 AM
hlee1169
Pro

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
I don't know who you are talking to, but the rules here are that PMs are exactly that, and you break the rules by publishing contents.

Let's review:

You signed a deal.

The delay in payment was explained and apologized for!

You posted here, and presented a case that "lease payments" might have been misapplied, or that you were entitled to them.

The reaction you got was that certain members here, sympathetic to your plight went to bat for you, and discovered that the facts altered the interpretations. I don't think anybody dismissed your concerns as nothing. Quite the contrary! But others have jumped in and disparaged a Dealer based upon your posts for no apparent reason.

At the end of the day, the method and manner of applying lease payments (in the Finance office) is something you should have considered at the time of the deal. Trying to redo the deal after the fact is an exercise in futility.

It never changes, the messenger always gets in trouble.
Excuse me, where did I post the content of the PM? How did I break the rule?

And how did I try to redo the deal? Read my original post. I was more concerned with the money owe to PFS. When I talked to the dealer, I never mentioned the 2 months profit the dealer made. I did not attempt to collect them.

Had them not dropped the ball, I would be blissfully ignorant. But now I know, I feel that they have not been completely upfront. If they felt the deal was bad, don't do it. But if they want to play math with MY lease, at least get my permission.

I am just so upset that people think I am a troublemaker.
Old 07-29-2009 | 07:58 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

WOW...quick question and unrelated

but what happens if you perspire on a 997 seat? Just wondering.
Old 07-29-2009 | 09:28 AM
hello911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone

No offense, but why do you say this? PFS told him he did qualify and the dealer hid that. Annoyingly deceptive if you ask me. Not sure why you are so quick to back up the dealer without knowing all the facts?
Old 07-29-2009 | 11:59 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Maxy
Whole thing gives me a headache.
Me too...but I'm glad it all worked out for the OP.
Old 07-29-2009 | 12:48 PM
MyEmily
Racer

Sometime, people think too much. Got a headache too reading this. Simply put, hlee got a deal on an upgrade. Dealer got a deal behind the scene. Dropped the ball and exposed the deal (in the dealers favors). hlee caught it accidentally, and through the help of this forum, got the proper response he wanted. He's happy driving his new Pcar. So lets end this...
Old 07-29-2009 | 12:48 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^
I am not backing anyone up, nor am I quick to state anything. You posted quite a while ago and I waited for facts to evolve. (Check the dates).

While you may not realize it, there is a certain irony in you accusing me of backing up a Dealer, since I have been "lambasted" many times (on this forum) for being negative towards Dealers and Car Salesmen.

Also, you introduced the term troublemaker, not anyone else, and it is certainly not the word I would use.

It seems to me that your conversation with PCNA happened after the "deal" was done (due to a payment delay) and you interpreted the consequences as something you were entitled to (or eligible for).

Believe it or not, I would agree with you if your lease expired by August and you were eligible for the lease forgiveness terms... but since yours ran to December, it was not part of that program (couched accordingly) and therefore not something that should really concern you (other than the blow to your perception of your "negotiating" prowess). However, it does appear that the Dealer gave you a month's savings, anyway. The Dealer's business is the Dealer's business and not anyone else's unless they chose to share it... that is any Business, by the way.

There is no onus on a Dealer to share the "internal" workings of PCNA (their lease) and that dealer, and there is nothing deceptive about it. Again, you got one of third of the "extra" savings , and that doesn't sound too bad to me.

Now, if it were a "published program" that was withheld that is another matter altogether, and one that would get you a great deal of empathy, mine included. That doesn't appear to be your situation.
Old 07-29-2009 | 06:23 PM
boolala
Race Car

Originally Posted by hlee1169
I have 6 months left. The dealer proposed to me, pay 5 months, and we had a deal. I paid 5 months to the dealer. The dealer paid 3 months to PFS, so 2 months are their profit.

So PFS let the dealer keep the 1 month he agreed to pay for you?

Obviously, in retrospect, it would have been much cleaner had 1) the dealer simply deducted one months lease payment from your cap cost 2) you had paid PFS directly for the 6 months owed and they would have told you up front if you were eligible for 3 months forgiveness based upon the new lease.

As someone previously mentioned it is best to keep both deals totally seperate.
Old 07-30-2009 | 01:19 AM
hlee1169
Pro

So PFS let the dealer keep the 1 month he agreed to pay for you?
No. PFS did not know I paid the dealer 5 months of payments. As far as they are concerned, I owe them 3 months until yesterday. I did not owe them 6 months because I qualified the File Mile Program.

Obviously, in retrospect, it would have been much cleaner had 1) the dealer simply deducted one months lease payment from your cap cost 2) you had paid PFS directly for the 6 months owed and they would have told you up front if you were eligible for 3 months forgiveness based upon the new lease.

As someone previously mentioned it is best to keep both deals totally seperate.
Yes, I agree. But believe it or not, I went in thinking that the dealer IS Porsche Financial Services.

Anyway, I negotiated a price, and I clearly stated that no cap cost. I was told to write a check to PFS, then after we shake hands on the deal, I was told to roll the PFS payment into the new car contract.
Old 07-30-2009 | 01:22 AM
hlee1169
Pro

Originally Posted by hello911
No offense, but why do you say this? PFS told him he did qualify and the dealer hid that. Annoyingly deceptive if you ask me. Not sure why you are so quick to back up the dealer without knowing all the facts?
Thank you. I called PFS again today just to understand how I qualified, is it because I am a repeat customer, good credit, or something else. The account manager at PFS said she does not have the details, but she said they qualified me so I can get into a new Porsche. And this means I only have to pay PFS 3 months to end the lease.
Old 07-30-2009 | 01:26 AM
hlee1169
Pro

Originally Posted by MyEmily
Sometime, people think too much. Got a headache too reading this. Simply put, hlee got a deal on an upgrade. Dealer got a deal behind the scene. Dropped the ball and exposed the deal (in the dealers favors). hlee caught it accidentally, and through the help of this forum, got the proper response he wanted. He's happy driving his new Pcar. So lets end this...
Yes, agreed. I blew up last night due to some pointed emails seemingly questioning my motives and integrity. Sorry to give you headaches reading this thread, it was supposed to give a fair airing of the dealer's response. Now, back to focus on the car itself.

Quick Reply: Dealer GM called and apologized; matter resolved