Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 02:43 PM
964C4
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Porsche World Roadshow in Guatemala

Hi,

Yes, I live in Guatemala, Central America

Porsche World Roadshow came from Canada to Guatemala and it started since last Thursday

I had the chance to attend on Saturday, total of 40 people each day

There were instructors from Germany, Mexico and Spain. Very nice and skilled guys !

Here is a short video covering the event, about 3 Mins. length, please watch to see the beatiful sights and racetrack of Guatemala:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D6VcwmC-DQ

Impressions of the cars I drove (following the order I tested them):

On the track
- Cayenne GTS: incredible and very sporty SUV ! It was equipped with PSE (as all GTS I believe). The sound was beatiful, the handling excellent, the throttle response very sharp

- 997.2 C2S, manual: very nice, very direct steering feel, could feel the light front, very precise gearbox (I fully understand now the SLOW IN, FAST OUT rule !)

- Cayman S, PDK: sound almost the same as the 911, very responsive throttle with Sport Plus, very well balanced car, felt almost as fast as the 911

Road tour
- 997.2 C4, cabriolet, PDK, normal exhaust: I don't know why many people complain about the modern 911's being too muted... This car sounded very, very nice ! Cornering was more precise and confidence inspring when compared to the C2S. PDK is a marvel, shift buttons instead of paddles are Ok (surely would get used to them very quickly), felt as if the car needed a bit more power, so I am sure the C4S is an amazing car !

- Cayenne Turbo: too quiet, too civilized, no driver involvement. I like the GTS much, much more than the Turbo version.

Off road
- Cayenne S: a bit boring this activity, but I was impressed by how much technology and engineering goes to this SUV. The differentials of this car do marvels !

Handling (auto X style)
- Cayman S with PDK: wow, what a small beast ! Almost impossible to loose the balance of the car... It was glued to the track. I was really amazed with this car !

Demo laps
At the end we had the chance to sit with one of the instructors as copilot and do 2 laps with them, where they drifted in almost every corner ! PASM turned off and here you could see what these cars can do in hands of a skilled driver, incredible !

I guess, for the average good driver like myself, we maybe use the car at 80% of its limits when we are on our own limit. But the remaining 20% that was exctracted by the instructors separates the enthusiasts from the pros...

Conclusion
What an incredible event, thanks to Porsche for making this dream a reality, for showing me what these cars are capable to do and how much engineering is put into Porsche cars

Sure I will be buying a 997.2 with PDK in the following months and I think it will be a C4S in my case

Here you can watch a video of about 30 seconds showing the demo laps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHrae...eature=related

Sorry for the long post, but I had to share with you this wonderful experience !
Old 07-20-2009, 07:08 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Where is the race track located? Is it far from Guatemala City?
Old 07-20-2009, 08:30 PM
964C4
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

About 1 hour away from Guatemala City

Quick Reply: Porsche World Roadshow in Guatemala