Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can sport mode be added to a PDK 997.2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 12:55 PM
grappa
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can sport mode be added to a PDK 997.2 ?

I got my C4S without sport chrono because I figured I did not need it. Now I want to add sport chrono especially for the sport mode or maybe even sport plus. Can this be done ? Could it be as easy as changing the ecu and adding a button or two ?
Old 07-04-2009, 01:09 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I see a trade in your future!
Old 07-04-2009, 09:11 PM
rmccarthy1234
Intermediate

Can you say expensive. I leared the first time with my 996. Think long and hard on options as anything after the initial purchase is going to come with a big premium. If I were you, I would check with the guys at Gemballa or Champion then compare to a dealer. Another note...many time as with all options, initially they are nice to have but over time, you hardly ever use them. On the 997.2 c2s I purchased, I opted for pdk with sport chrono. Whats interesting on mine is that you have 3 buttons for this. Sport, Sports Plus and the shock absorber icon button. In sport, everything works quicker in the car, but with the plus button pressed, everything moves even faster. If you want the motor and tranny to respond very quickly, but have a softer ride, then click the shock absorber icon.

THe coolest option though is the sport exhaust. Hands down, the coolest option. With it on, it sounds like a gt3.

In the end though, if I didn't have the above, I would never trade my car in for a new one. I would look in after market and if there was no option, I would just keep it as is.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
I see a trade in your future!
Ditto.
I know on the 997.1 doing s retrofit of the SCP was prohibitively expensive.
Didn't your salesperson try to persuade you to get SCP with PDK?
Old 07-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by rmccarthy1234
Can you say expensive. I leared the first time with my 996. Think long and hard on options as anything after the initial purchase is going to come with a big premium. If I were you, I would check with the guys at Gemballa or Champion then compare to a dealer. Another note...many time as with all options, initially they are nice to have but over time, you hardly ever use them. On the 997.2 c2s I purchased, I opted for pdk with sport chrono. Whats interesting on mine is that you have 3 buttons for this. Sport, Sports Plus and the shock absorber icon button. In sport, everything works quicker in the car, but with the plus button pressed, everything moves even faster. If you want the motor and tranny to respond very quickly, but have a softer ride, then click the shock absorber icon.

THe coolest option though is the sport exhaust. Hands down, the coolest option. With it on, it sounds like a gt3.

In the end though, if I didn't have the above, I would never trade my car in for a new one. I would look in after market and if there was no option, I would just keep it as is.
Ditto on everything you wrote! Love the sport exhaust, with a soft ride!
Old 07-04-2009, 10:15 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by grappa
I got my C4S without sport chrono because I figured I did not need it. Now I want to add sport chrono especially for the sport mode or maybe even sport plus. Can this be done ? Could it be as easy as changing the ecu and adding a button or two ?
Learn to enjoy what you have. Your car has much potential as is. Many have ordered it exactly as you have and couldn't be happier. I suggest you do a search to read their experiences. They wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:57 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm just starting to use the buttons and they are amusing, but not essential.

i doubt you can do it without incurring almost as much expense as a flip.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:16 PM
grappa
Track Day

The sport mode which shifts at about 4-5 grand makes driving the PDK much more fun. The quicker shift are also nice. The other stuff I don't really care about. Especially the dash mounted timer.

Quick Reply: Can sport mode be added to a PDK 997.2 ?