Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QUICK QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009 | 03:25 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

In the 3 years Ive owned my car that fan has come on once that I know of...course after I pull in to the garage I dont go back out to look right away. Like Boo and Ben said...some things are ridiculous. Its just a car for Christs sake. I gotta laugh at some of the shyte that comes down on Rennlist sometimes.
Old 06-26-2009 | 05:08 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Ben - are you dumping on the guy because he loves his car?
His attachment to his car could be worse, maybe use a leaf blower to cool the engine compartment faster

The way I read the post, he lets the car cool first to avoid the warm engine smell in his garage. Why not?
Old 06-26-2009 | 10:47 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Ben - are you dumping on the guy because he loves his car?
You're overreacting again, Bob.

I'm not dumping. I'm poking fun. Maybe you missed the funny smilie.

He's giving all us Porsche owners a bad name with his silly ritual of leaving his engine lid open until his engine cools and then pushing his car into the garage. My gawwd, how absurd can one get!

If the smell bothers him so much he can just leave the garage open after he pulls in, or leave the side door to the garage open for a while, or just close the the garage door and keep the door into the house closed until the offending odor dissipates.

But to go through that silly ritual of leaving the engine lid open - which to an uninformed observer it might seem as if these cars are incapable of withstanding the heat - and then pushing the car into the garage as if the engine had died, to the bewilderment of anyone watching, is the most absurd thing I've read in the more than four years I've been here.

If any post deserves poking fun at, this one takes the cake, hands down. And he knows it.

Quick Reply: QUICK QUESTION