Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay, how many of you knew that your rear spoiler had a brake light?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:01 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

huh?

"the parking sidelight left stub position,"
Old 05-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrat
"the reason for the ignition the left"

do tell
More correctly, it's from the Le Mans' starts and so the ignition is always opposite the shifter. This way the driver can be selecting the first gear while cranking on the ignition. For UK drivers, the key goes in to the right of the steering wheel.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:21 PM
afridi
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by abe
Its something I never noticed till today...press the little button while parked, spoiler went up...and Lord and Behold there is an additional brake light in there.
I'll bet we are the only ones with two center brake lights!
abe
ME ME...I knew it.

I wash and wax my car. Cant help but notice things like that.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
huh?

"the parking sidelight left stub position,"
In Europe, parking opportunities present themselves along narrow side roads whereby the Porsche parker needs to sometimes put their right wheels up onto the sidewalk, leaving the left side of the car exposed to traffic along the roadway.

Once the ignition is off and the key removed, you can push down your left turn signal (or right if that fits) and leave on just your left parking lights. They're low wattage and over time don't really drain the battery much. If you do this is America you are bound to confuse other Americans!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:50 PM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
In Europe, parking opportunities present themselves along narrow side roads whereby the Porsche parker needs to sometimes put their right wheels up onto the sidewalk, leaving the left side of the car exposed to traffic along the roadway.

Once the ignition is off and the key removed, you can push down your left turn signal (or right if that fits) and leave on just your left parking lights. They're low wattage and over time don't really drain the battery much. If you do this is America you are bound to confuse other Americans!

What page is this on!?
Old 05-29-2009, 02:01 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beachview
Shame on you abe...
+1
Old 05-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

I guess Abe has never driven behind a fellow 996/997 owner with their spoiler deployed.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Gadgetman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool, I've got to try that when I get home. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:39 PM
DPorcella
Instructor

Default LOL

Originally Posted by _Nathan
My car has a rear spoiler?
Okay, best comeback of the day so far!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:55 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Lots of comedians today.....better get back to my Prozac.
abe
Old 05-29-2009, 03:09 PM
geof
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by afridi
ME ME...I knew it.

I wash and wax my car. Cant help but notice things like that.
Damn, I never thought to wash-n-wax the car with the spoiler up!

Oh, the subject of the thread is new to me too. But can one really blame me for knowing more about the view from the inside than the view from the outside?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:29 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by geof
Damn, I never thought to wash-n-wax the car with the spoiler up!
Are you saying that you do not raise the spoiler after washing to dry it as well as its bellows?!?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:37 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

A while ago I was outside a restaurant waiting for a friend to join me for lunch and a brand new Cayman (still w/ dealer tags) parked just in front of me. The driver got out and was startled with a ringing tone from the car. She got in again, close the door fumbled with buttons and nothing... she pulled her cell and made a couple of calls (I later found out to ask for instructions to get rid of the tone). After a while she gave up. As she walked by I asked her if she had solved the problem - she said no. I introduced myself as a P-car fan and suggested to her to check the blinker position. She did and the tone went away...
Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Matias_S
Instructor

Originally Posted by ADias
A while ago I was outside a restaurant waiting for a friend to join me for lunch and a brand new Cayman (still w/ dealer tags) parked just in front of me. The driver got out and was startled with a ringing tone from the car. She got in again, close the door fumbled with buttons and nothing... she pulled her cell and made a couple of calls (I later found out to ask for instructions to get rid of the tone). After a while she gave up. As she walked by I asked her if she had solved the problem - she said no. I introduced myself as a P-car fan and suggested to her to check the blinker position. She did and the tone went away...
We learn new pick up lines every day! Did you get her number? Did she buy you a drink?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:22 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 869 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by abe
Its something I never noticed till today...press the little button while parked, spoiler went up...and Lord and Behold there is an additional brake light in there.
I'll bet we are the only ones with two center brake lights!
abe
don't you raise the spoiler when you wash the car?????????????????????
that's when i first saw it.

cheers

craig

Quick Reply: Okay, how many of you knew that your rear spoiler had a brake light?