Sponsored by:

just wanna say thank you,

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:20 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up just wanna say thank you,

fellow member on this board suggested i use a local shop that specializes in porsche to get some stuff installed, and everything went AWESOME...

so if your in the tampa area... i would fully suggest Vortex Motorsport for anything you might need...

they mounted and balanced the tires very timely on my volks and they ride perfectly,

they installed my coilovers in about 2 hours and then proceeded to corner balance and align at very great rates...

also helped me with some exhaust issues as well...

everything was done very timely, when they promised, everyone was polite .. just an all around great experience..

just a random porsche owner looking to help out any porsche owner in the area looking for a good job.. i am not affiliated with vortex in any way just love to promote people doing a customer right... hate when you go to the dealer and they just rape you on everything... charging you 10 hours for a job that took them 2.. etc etc etc..

their site: http://www.vortexmotorsport.com/

hope this helps someone, i know before a member on here told me i was scurrying thru google trying to find someone that i could trust with my baby ;-)

-riley
Old 05-22-2009, 01:23 AM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that is how these forums are supposed to work, thanks for reaffirming
Old 05-22-2009, 01:27 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by stevebmd
that is how these forums are supposed to work, thanks for reaffirming
just upsetting how some shops just because you say porsche multiply by 2/4/6... the price for my alignment on a hunter laser machine... with a sunken rack (lays flush with ground so non of those wood balance acts getting up the lift. cost the same as the 4 wheel alignment on any other car... thats the way it should be.. the coilover install was prompt and they didnt mess around... i was actually shocked he had already done the install as i wasnt even halfway thru my magazine... i had contemplated doing the install myself but again given the rates and lack of worry/hassle on my part is was very easy to decide to have them do it...
Old 05-22-2009, 09:20 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Wasn't able to PM you a picture of the P40 (not the best computer skills!), so hope this picture helps. The Porsche crest centers are also brushed and clear coated. I got the set from Wheel Enhancement, excellent service.
Attached Images  
Old 05-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Sadiq
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
fellow member on this board suggested i use a local shop that specializes in porsche to get some stuff installed, and everything went AWESOME...

so if your in the tampa area... i would fully suggest Vortex Motorsport for anything you might need...

they mounted and balanced the tires very timely on my volks and they ride perfectly,

they installed my coilovers in about 2 hours and then proceeded to corner balance and align at very great rates...

also helped me with some exhaust issues as well...

everything was done very timely, when they promised, everyone was polite .. just an all around great experience..

just a random porsche owner looking to help out any porsche owner in the area looking for a good job.. i am not affiliated with vortex in any way just love to promote people doing a customer right... hate when you go to the dealer and they just rape you on everything... charging you 10 hours for a job that took them 2.. etc etc etc..

their site: http://www.vortexmotorsport.com/

hope this helps someone, i know before a member on here told me i was scurrying thru google trying to find someone that i could trust with my baby ;-)

-riley

Very nice. Stokes Tire Pros in Santa Monica, CA is a really good tire shop. The techs there let me come in the garage with them and they show me what theyre doing, let me help out, etc. Price for an alignment varies by car, but only because of the # of adjustments. When I first took my 95 M3 to them I thought they were ****ting me when they said it takes a while to align that particular car, so it would be $100. I thought they were fleecing me because I was driving a 10-year old BMW But I watched them align toyotas before my car, and the m3 took about 3x as long. Then when I got camber plates in front, the price went up $20 for the extra adjustment. More adjustments, more $ Seems fair to me. Suggests to me that the price of the car had nothing to do with the price of the work.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:22 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Riley...glad to help!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:36 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdrums
Riley...glad to help!
thanx to mike too