Sponsored by:

Posting New Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 07:24 PM
SKYKING
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posting New Pictures

I want to post pictures of my new vehicle but I cannot figure out how to get the
"URL" needed to "Post from URL"
I have them the correct size, 900 x 900 pixels.
I have used the search function, looked all over the Home location but still cannot figure it out.
It cannot be that hard. some of you are able to post great posts with pictures imbedded telling excellent stories.
My new car arrived and I would not dare to inform the members with out the
required "PHOTOS"
any detailed help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 05-19-2009, 07:32 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you clicked on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) button above?

Here you go: https://rennlist.com/forums/faq.php?...b3_attachments
Old 05-19-2009, 10:13 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I think we could all save a lot of time if, whenever we need to do a search, we just PM OCBen our question, and he'll find the thread for us.

Sorry OCBen, but you always come through.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:23 PM
OCBen
Banned

I'll just simply ignore any and all such PMs.

It amazes me that people still don't know there's a detailed online user's manual that comes with every package of vBulletin software contained in the FAQ section prominently displayed at the top. Anything and everything you need to know about posting and searching and what not is contained there. Maybe it needs to be a red flashing animated gif that will annoy everyone else.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:46 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Here are my "can't miss" instructions for posting a pic. These instructions have NEVER failed to help someone post pics, so the pressure is on YOU to keep my string alive!

All words shown in BOLD indicate buttons. If you are just doing a "Quick Reply" you will have to click on Go Advanced button. Then follow the steps below:

Down below the part of the screen where you type the text and below the Submit Reply, the Preview Post, and Spell Check buttons, there is a Miscellaneous Options section followed by an Attach Files section.

In the Attach Files section, click on the Manage Attachments button.

You will now get a pop-up window. There are 3 buttons Browse, Upload, and Close this Window.

Click on the Browse button and now (in a new pop-up window) you can search on your PC to locate the pic you want to attach. Click on the name of the file you want and then click the Open button. Now click on the Upload button. After the file has been uploaded, you can click on Browse button and repeat the process to upload another pic or click on the Close this Window button.

After you click on the Close this Window, you will be back to the original "message" screen. Your pic file should be listed just above the Manage Attachments button.

If you are finished typing the text, you can click on the Submit Reply button and everyone will be able to see your great looking P-car!

If your pics are too large, you can resize them with MS Paint, or PhotoShop software, or you can do it online at this web site. http://www.resize2mail.com/
Old 05-20-2009, 01:18 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by gota911
Here are my "can't miss" instructions for posting a pic.
He was specifically asking about posting images that are hosted elsewhere using the URL of the image. He was not asking about posting image files using the attachment feature.

In a nutshell, to post an image that's hosted elsewhere, use the HTLM tag for images to do this.

[img] URL of the image [/img] . . . which is easily done using the convenient image button above the text editor.

You don't need to worry about image size or resizing iterations to get the right size image to load using the HTML method, which is really the best way to post images, as you're not using up local bandwidth and tying up resources by going the attachment route - that's why image size is limited. Instead you're using the resources of the external host site, which frees up the resources of the site you're posting the images on, namely here.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:00 PM
SKYKING
Advanced

Default It Is Finally Here

After ordering it on January 3rd and a number of delays, my new C4S arrived at the dealer on Monday. I was over there as soon as they called.
They were just taking the protective "wrappers" off and it was like unwrapping a present.
I ordered the full natural leather option, which I had never seen but members here highly recommend it, and it is beautiful! Previously my interior was sand beige and this is color, feel, and smell it outstanding. The car has PDK, PASM Sport Suspension, Sport Chrono, regular audio with the audio interface, PSE,
Cornering lights, Heated seats, Painted Side Skirts and red belts.
Traded in my 08 C4S tip cab that had only 1,100 miles and I am very glad I did. The new C4S is a totally different vehicle from the 08.
Attached Images      
Old 05-20-2009, 01:19 PM
SKYKING
Advanced

Default Thank you for the help

As you can see from the above post. I was able to get my pictures attached to the post.
gota911, your run is still intact. You gave me the detailed steps I needed to transfer, upload, and post my pictures. OCBen, I did find that information on the search but I could not understand it. Yes I AM a DUMMY.
I feel much better now that I can share pictures with the other members as I have enjoyed the pics that they have shared.
My error in my first post was to not start a new thread.
I really do appricate your help and time in replying to my post. I would rather ask the question than continuing unable to share my P car experience.
Thanks so much.
John
Old 05-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Sadiq
Pro

nice - dont drill that front bumper!!

Quick Reply: Posting New Pictures