Sponsored by:

Offer Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 03:30 AM
niki6pak
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offer Question

I'm looking at purchasing a 2006 C4S Cab with roughly 16K miles and wanted to get a general idea from some people who know a hell of a lot more about Porsche than I do. Considering the options below, what should I offer? I think the asking price is somewhat irrelevant since we all know the current state of the market. Thanks for your suggestions in advance!!

Air Conditioning
Alloy Wheels
Am/Fm Radio
Anti-lock Brakes
Bucket Seats
Cd Player
Clock
Compact Disc Changer
Console
Cruise Control
Floor Mats
Gps Navigation System
Heated Seats
Leather Seats/Full Leather interior
Power Door Locks
Power Mirrors
Power Passenger Seat
Power Windows
Rear Defroster
Rear Shoulder Harness
Remote Keyless Entry
Spoiler
Tilt Steering Wheel
Traction Control
Trip Odometer
Power Drivers Seat
Certified Used Car
Center Armrest
Bose Sound System
Auto Mirror Dimmer
Porsche Crest In Headrest
Tpms
Sport Chrono Pkg Plus
Colored Crest Wheel Caps
Additionally, the paint looks good, there are a few marks on the back of the front seats from rubbing the windscreen (past owner/owners must have been tall), and its at a Porsche dealer.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:42 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

one thing i hate, is when people put things as options that are not options..

the car your looking at basically only has the below as "options"

Floor Mats
Gps Navigation System
Heated Seats
Bose Sound System
Sport Chrono Pkg Plus
Colored Crest Wheel Caps
Old 05-19-2009, 03:52 AM
niki6pak
AutoX

Ok....my fault. I just "Copy and Pasted" directly from the listing. I figured it was better to include more than less.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:20 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by niki6pak
Ok....my fault. I just "Copy and Pasted" directly from the listing. I figured it was better to include more than less.
nothing against you... talking about the seller..... i hate when they list things as options that are not... if your looking to buy a porsche you should know overhalf those are standard... and they should not be on an "options" list.. i give credits to sellers that only include true options in the options list... as we already know the rest as informed buyers...

whenever i saw ad's with superfluous options listed i overlooked them as id rather have a blunt salesman then someone trying to blow smoke up my ____ listing random things as options..

if this list was "details" and not an "options" list then the seller is ok.. sorry just a pet peeve.

as far as price... i would say mid/high 50's would be proper for a c4s cab 06 in mint cond, low miles, full leather, bose, heated seats, navi, sport chrono, and the little things like crest in seat, colored caps and floor mats show you the guy that ordered the car wasnt some random cheapskate that abused the car...
Old 05-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts
Default Dealer offered me a new '08 cab stickered at $107K for $77K the other day...

I'm looking at purchasing a 2006 C4S Cab with roughly 16K miles and wanted to get a general idea from some people who know a hell of a lot more about Porsche than I do. Considering the options below, what should I offer? I think the asking price is somewhat irrelevant since we all know the current state of the market. Thanks for your suggestions in advance!!

Air Conditioning
Alloy Wheels
Am/Fm Radio
Anti-lock Brakes
Bucket Seats
Cd Player
Clock
Compact Disc Changer
Console
Cruise Control
Floor Mats
Gps Navigation System
Heated Seats
Power Door Locks
Power Mirrors
Power Passenger Seat
Power Windows
Rear Defroster
Rear Shoulder Harness
Remote Keyless Entry
Spoiler
Tilt Steering Wheel
Traction Control
Trip Odometer
Power Drivers Seat
Certified Used Car
Center Armrest
Bose Sound System
Auto Mirror Dimmer
Tpms
Sport Chrono Pkg Plus
Colored Crest Wheel Caps
Additionally, the paint looks good, there are a few marks on the back of the front seats from rubbing the windscreen (past owner/owners must have been tall), and its at a Porsche dealer.

Not interested so I didn't bother to note spec of car. My point is used prices have fallen off table cause new ('08's anyhow) being so heavily discounted.

You'll likely run into major resistence tho cause most used car sellers either don't know or don't want to know what used car prices doing.

Options and price etc. up to you. One thing I'd check on is what services has car had. If no oil change I'd be inclined to walk. I'm becoming somewhat of a fanatic on the subject but these engines need an early oil/filter change at least once between 250 and 750 miles and then again at least at 2000 miles based on what I found when I changed my new '08 Cayman S's oil at 750 and 1350 and 2000 miles.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:52 PM
niki6pak
AutoX

Thanks for the responses so far. Anyone else? I want as much info/opinions as possible.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

it's a fairly light car. Location is important to note. But since you fail to tell us where you are we can't give you any guidance.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
niki6pak
AutoX

Originally Posted by Edgy01
it's a fairly light car. Location is important to note. But since you fail to tell us where you are we can't give you any guidance.
Man....tough crowd here (j/k). I'm in Southern California. Los Angeles to be exact.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:43 AM
niki6pak
AutoX

What I am hearing from the members here and others I have spoken with is that this car ('06 C4S Cab) is worth somewhere between high 50s and low 60s. I am shocked that Porsche values have fallen that drastically. Call me ignorant, but I thought the Porsche dealer who has this vehicle would get offended (or at least laugh) if I were to give them an offer that low. I guess we will have to see.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:00 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't researched the pricing recently, but I think that a 2006 C4S Cab with Bose/Nav and 16K miles is probably in the $60K-70K range.

Again, just a ballpark number.

Unfortunately, it's just too hard to really tell unless you're the one walking in with cash ready to spend. You might need to shop around a bit to get a real feel for what people will take.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:25 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I am hearing from the members here and others I have spoken with is that this car ('06 C4S Cab) is worth somewhere between high 50s and low 60s. I am shocked that Porsche values have fallen that drastically. Call me ignorant, but I thought the Porsche dealer who has this vehicle would get offended (or at least laugh) if I were to give them an offer that low. I guess we will have to see.
he'll laugh harder if you pay his asking price! (and who gives a rat's behind if he laughs at your offer)

P-sales have picked up where i'm at (Chicago) but it is still a buyer's market. just walk in and low-ball him. you'll get to the bottom quickly. make sure he knows you're here to buy not to trade pleasantries and otherwise "think about it".

what's he asking?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:08 PM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coming from a guy who has been looking at 997s for
about six months now, throw a low ball cash offer out
there and walk away. Cash is King right now and make
it clear you are not messing with financing, trades, getting
loans from your uncle, etc. (or at least you shouldn't be with
a toy).

I have done this on at least 10 P-cars and have been turned
down on all of them. You will lose a lot of them
to other buyers in the process. However, surprisingly, Porsche did
manufacture thousands of the same exact models in
an effort to turn a profit. The right car and the right deal
will come along.

The only reason why P-cars are selling a little better right
now is because of spring/summer. Once this wears off,
dealers will be sitting with a lot full of dusty cars again and
a mailbox full of loan payments due.

Select carefully and buy it for your price. You always want
to find the number the dealer won't take first.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:46 PM
niki6pak
AutoX

Originally Posted by allegretto
he'll laugh harder if you pay his asking price! (and who gives a rat's behind if he laughs at your offer)

P-sales have picked up where i'm at (Chicago) but it is still a buyer's market. just walk in and low-ball him. you'll get to the bottom quickly. make sure he knows you're here to buy not to trade pleasantries and otherwise "think about it".

what's he asking?
Haha! You are 100% correct. Funny thing about the asking price. On one listing the price is $73900 and on another is $69900. The latter is an attempt to attract prospective buyers I guess.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:08 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

On the other hand, don't rob yourself of having such a fun car or waste time looking for the "perfect" deal if you're only apart by a small amount (in my world, a couple/few grand). That is, don't wait another 3-4 months to save $3000--considering depreciation, a deal $3000 higher today is probably equivalent to a deal $3000 less in a few months.

Happy hunting, nonetheless.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Sadiq
Pro

wow that car has a clock? $$

Quick Reply: Offer Question