Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Financial "First Mile Loyalty" Program

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:21 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

number9ine, i agree with every single thing you said.

btw, is the 2.9% on purchases and leases, or just purchases? if it's also available on leases, then i'm kind of pissed off at my salesperson. for all the reason already mentioned - transparency. am i annoyed paying 3.9%, objectively? no. but if 2.9% was available and i simply wasn't told, then i'm not completely turned off and won't be shopping at the same dealership again, even if, subjectively, i was happy with the deal at the time. transparency is everything.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:23 PM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lease rate is .00146
that is 3.5 percent
Old 05-16-2009, 11:27 PM
stevebmd
Racer

ds2k1, two area dealers have told me to my face that they add a half point to the buy rate and will not EVER give the buy rate. This was after i told them that i already knew they were padding the rate. I hope you were at least given a discounted sale price of more than 10%.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:30 AM
vexed
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebmd
i was quoted 15k off a new c2 pdk and 20k off a pcna c2 launch car with 4k on the clock..plus the buy rate for lease....cant get better than that can it...
Can I ask what the 15K was in terms of a % discount. I have been offered 8% on a C2S and when I pointed out the 6K incentive they said that's why they offered 8% off which is more than 6K.

This is a good month to buy since I don't think the dealers know or are assuming that the June rates/incentives will be the same.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:25 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am buying by the end of this month. I got a very good discount, 9% and getting a car off my hands that I don't care to drive. The finance rate is 3.9%. The 6 k rebate is if you don't use PFS. Since Porsche is cutting back 2010 production, those 09's will be an increasingly valuable commodity to the dealers and they may start lowering the discounts. We tried the scenario, wait a few months for ordering a 2010, get about 3% off, etc. I am getting a 1 of 1 car, no other like it and that's something special added to me. Just my 2 cents!!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebmd
ds2k1, two area dealers have told me to my face that they add a half point to the buy rate and will not EVER give the buy rate. This was after i told them that i already knew they were padding the rate. I hope you were at least given a discounted sale price of more than 10%.
Seems simple to me--negotiate your best price on the Porsche you want, then plunk down the first mile test drive letter (I got one in the mail too) and walk away if they don't do the deal at the 2.9% or 1.9% rate. It's a buyer's market.

The buy rate for the lease/retail installment sale contract should not matter on bit to the buyer. I could care less, if I'm getting the rate I want which here would be the 2.9% or 1.9% rate.

If they let you walk over the finance charge markup, so be it. More times than not, you'll get your deal especially on something like this where the rates are coming from PFC.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:14 PM
stevebmd
Racer

paul...that is what i did and they let me walk

Quick Reply: Porsche Financial "First Mile Loyalty" Program