Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:01 PM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mvd
This is beauiful. Sucking equity out of a house to buy a car. dave
Not really.
Car can be paid off in full today if needed.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:27 AM
freakdog
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just leased a 2 y.o. 2007 997 Cab. decent options 7K miles, CPO. 40 months on the warranty, 36 month lease with a 60% residual.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:06 AM
ds2k1
Racer

Originally Posted by freakdog
I just leased a 2 y.o. 2007 997 Cab. decent options 7K miles, CPO. 40 months on the warranty, 36 month lease with a 60% residual.
What's the money factor? How many miles/year? What was drive off? Any cap reduction?
Old 05-13-2009, 02:17 AM
beachview
Instructor

Originally Posted by ds2k1
What's the money factor? How many miles/year? What was drive off? Any cap reduction?
+1

Please tell.

And the residual amount.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:22 PM
beachview
Instructor

I found a '06 C2S at a local dealer and went to go check it out today. I was quoted a fairly high residual and fair money factor. The monthly payment will be quite attractive compared to an '09.

My only concern is the car isn't certified and the factory warranty expires this summer. Off the bat, I noticed some issues before the test drive so that got me thinking...PPI.

Do you guys recommend I have a PPI performed, regardless of whether or not I purchase a 3rd Party extended warranty. Also, would it be a bad idea to have the same dealer perform the PPI ( conflict of interest ? ) or should I have it done somewhere else and would they even allow that?
Old 05-14-2009, 12:20 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I am assuming you are talking about a Porsche dealer. First I would ask them if they can CPO the car. If they say no, ask why. If you still want to proceed, then get a PPI at another dealer or at an indy that knows Porsches.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:35 AM
beachview
Instructor

Originally Posted by gota911
I am assuming you are talking about a Porsche dealer. First I would ask them if they can CPO the car. If they say no, ask why. If you still want to proceed, then get a PPI at another dealer or at an indy that knows Porsches.
Yes, it is a Porsche Dealer. I already asked it they could CPO and said no. Their excuse was the cost involved and how it would effect the price of the car in a "competitive market"

I have searched the forum and found some indy shops recommended by forum members. So far I have TRE, Lucent and Callas.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:45 AM
ds2k1
Racer

Originally Posted by beachview
Yes, it is a Porsche Dealer. I already asked it they could CPO and said no. Their excuse was the cost involved and how it would effect the price of the car in a "competitive market"

I have searched the forum and found some indy shops recommended by forum members. So far I have TRE, Lucent and Callas.
That's not a good sign. You should absolutely get a CPO car, especially if you're committing to it via a lease for any length of time. The dealership's response sounds pretty bogus to me.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:53 AM
beachview
Instructor

That's not a good sign. You should absolutely get a CPO car, especially if you're committing to it via a lease for any length of time. The dealership's response sounds pretty bogus to me.
I agree...I can't seem to understand their explanation. I mean, how much could it cost the dealership to CPO the car?! As a buyer, can I demand that the car be CPO'd? Almost as a contingency to lease.

A PPI and extended warranty will be $3k+. I wouldn't mind paying that much to CPO the car. Not sure which way to go on this one...
Old 05-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

+1

Have you done a carfax? Autocheck?

At our store we'll try and CPO everything. Why the hell not? $5-7k here or there isn't going to turn a buyer off if they understand all the benefits from it.

CPO/ Non CPO buyers are the same buyer. It ain't about the money. it's about knowing 100% what you're getting for said money. Fo'shizzle.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:59 AM
beachview
Instructor

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
+1

Have you done a carfax? Autocheck?

At our store we'll try and CPO everything. Why the hell not? $5-7k here or there isn't going to turn a buyer off if they understand all the benefits from it.

CPO/ Non CPO buyers are the same buyer. It ain't about the money. it's about knowing 100% what you're getting for said money. Fo'shizzle.
Yes, carfax checked out OK.

If I can't get them to CPO...I'm hoping a comprehensive PPI at said indy shops combined with an extended warranty should help me sleep at night.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:05 AM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it only costs dealer 2k to cpo a car....make them do it
Old 05-14-2009, 01:08 AM
beachview
Instructor

Originally Posted by stevebmd
Interesting...is that a fact?
Old 05-14-2009, 01:27 AM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have been quoted this figure by two dealers, one in nj and one in northern virginia. in fact the NOVA dealer advertises all their cars without cpo...for 2k less, then when asked..."we precertify all our cars...if you want the cpo...it will be 2k more"
lets see what stoppie says...
Old 05-14-2009, 01:30 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebmd
Originally Posted by beachview
Interesting...is that a fact?
That is just the cost of the CPO warranty.

However, if they find things that are not up to CPO specs, they have to correct those issues to be able to CPO the car. If the tires are shot, they have to replace them +$1,200...... if the 30K mile service has not been completed +$750.... and so on.

So it is not just the cost of the CPO, that makes it "too costly" to CPO a car that needs some work. This is why you need to have a PPI completed, so you can find out what needs to be done to the car.

Quick Reply: Leasing Preowned 997