Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pricing Guides - KBB, Edmunds, NADA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 01:39 PM
JoeShark
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Pricing Guides - KBB, Edmunds, NADA?

Trying to get some thoughts on which one of the pricing guides seems to be most realistic at this time on used 997's. KBB and Edmunds seem to be relatively close on price and since they ask you to input your zip code, they seem to take geography into account. NADA seems to be much, much higher on their pricing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:35 PM
SciFrog
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nonoe is good for dealer trade in. Real prices are much lower...
Old 05-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you specify what you're looking to accomplish? Are you trading in, or trying to figure out values to make offers on used cars?

What sayeth you?
Old 05-09-2009, 07:31 PM
JoeShark
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Can you specify what you're looking to accomplish? Are you trading in, or trying to figure out values to make offers on used cars?

What sayeth you?
Likemystoppie,

Thanks for your attention to my post. I always perk up a bit when I see your posts as you seem to be 'da Man around here and have a tremendous amount of knowledge and insight.

In terms of my original question, I'm looking to buy a 06/07 997S and I'm trying to get an idea of what is a reasonable offer. I don't want to offend the seller (a dealer), but at the same time I'd like to have a good pricing foundation going in. I've never bought a used car before so this is all relatively new to me.

To complicate matters, this economy obviously has thrown a curveball into things as the pricing seems to be changing weekly.

Finally, the few cars I'm looking at have some aftermarket equipment thrown into the mix (upgraded wheels, aero kits, etc.) and this is difficult to price as most of the guides don't take these things into account. From what I've been told, for resale, these items are normally only worth 15%-25% of their original list price. Of course, the dealers keep pointing out these things and saying how much more value they add to the car (for example, one salesperson told me the wheels cost the original buyer $6,000 to put on and he's trying to pass most of that cost on in their listing price). In actuallity, I've been told that these things actually hurt the car when it comes to resale (as I've had friends tell me when they do trade-in's the salesperson will say they will give a lower trade-in as the aftermarket work, even good stuff like Brabus on a Mercedes, hurts the car).

Sorry, just a little new to this.

Quick Reply: Pricing Guides - KBB, Edmunds, NADA?