Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dension woes...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009 | 12:55 AM
tedhase
AutoX

Default Dension woes...

I searched the forum for installation tips for my specific case and came up empty. I'm trying to install a Dension Gateway 500 in a 2007 CS equipped with no navigation unit or CDC. Is this the correct fiber loop?

Dension (Light) -> Head Unit
Head Unit (Light) -> Amplifier
Amplifier (Light) -> Dension

When I connect using this formula I get a "No Amplifier Found" error. I am intercepting the fiber loop at the Amplifier since I could find no easy way to get at the connector behind the brake vacuum assist tank. The plastic retaining bracket has completely foiled me and my fat fingers. As a side note, I am getting power to the Dension.

Kind gentlepeople... what am I missing here? Thanks in advance.

-Ted
Old 04-27-2009 | 08:09 AM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

I believe the better set up is head before amp to Dension input and Dension output to amp.
Let the PCM Reset and reset the Dension. If this is what you are doing, you may need to go to the dealer.
Old 04-27-2009 | 11:19 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Guess you bought it from someone else, Ted....

Head unit out to Dension, Dension out to amp.
Program vehicle for cdc from dealer.
Be 100% sure the dip switches are set correctly on the Dension for your vehicle and equipment.

We support our customers with extensive digital files for installation, user and tech programming guides so they can get through this stuff.

Go back to the vendor who sold the unit and see if they will be willing to help you.

Or email me directly and I'll do what I can, as you have bought other things from us, and I'm happy to help you.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 04-27-2009 | 05:31 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

You might also want to re-check the fiber connections to make sure they are seated properly in the connectors
Old 04-27-2009 | 10:39 PM
vanderflier
Track Day

I just recently installed a Dension 500 and a Tooki. I have the Dension connected just before the Head unit. you can check the fibre optics by pointing a small light source at the receiver side optic cable and if you see a red pencel spot at the output fibre optic you know the connections are OK.
Old 05-02-2009 | 09:08 PM
tedhase
AutoX

Thanks to all above for getting me this far. Special kudos go to Eric from Bumper Plugs for going above and beyond the call of duty.

Home stretch of my installation. Have music working however I can't seem to get ID3 tags to show up in my PCM display. Additionally, my UI seems to be locked on iPod-UI and I can't seem to get it switched over to either Aux-GW or iPod-GW. I don't have a CDC installed and my dip switches are set Dn (off) - Up - Up - Dn - Dn - Dn.

I toggle the mode selector switch three times and see the Cfgdev label but I can't seem to access the settings for tracks 1 thru 4 and track 5 is locked on +Paging and track 6 is locked on +Select.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance for all of your guidance and assistance.

Regards,
-Ted
Old 05-03-2009 | 12:42 AM
tedhase
AutoX

Wow... finally got it. The toggle between iPod-UI and iPod-GW mode is:

1. Gateway UI (Controls via Head Unit)
Select disc 6 and select track 3 and press and Hold FF button about 2-3 seconds

2. Ipod UI mode: (Controls via iPod's touchwheel)
Select disc 6 and select track 2 and press and Hold FF button about 2-3 seconds

Thanks everyone for your time and your help.

Regards,
-Ted

Quick Reply: Dension woes...