Sponsored by:

PCM 997.2 screen question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:59 AM
doubleclutch09
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM 997.2 screen question

Looking at getting a 997.2 and had a quick question. I recall that the older PCM screen (ala '07 / '08) would at times display the Porsche crest logo (I believe on startup of the car or switching on of the PCM). It looked really cool, but I don't recall seeing the crest logo appearing on the touch screen of the new PCM. Does the logo ever appear (or can it be pulled up) on the new PCM screen? Thanks!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:06 AM
jlinmd
Racer

Originally Posted by doubleclutch09
Looking at getting a 997.2 and had a quick question. I recall that the older PCM screen (ala '07 / '08) would at times display the Porsche crest logo (I believe on startup of the car or switching on of the PCM). It looked really cool, but I don't recall seeing the crest logo appearing on the touch screen of the new PCM. Does the logo ever appear (or can it be pulled up) on the new PCM screen? Thanks!
I don't ever turn the PCM off. I just shut the engine and the PCM turns off and turns back on when the car starts back up. I don't see the logo though.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:46 PM
gray911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure if it appears all the time but I have noticed the logo several times when I turn / start up the car.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gray911
I'm not sure if it appears all the time but I have noticed the logo several times when I turn / start up the car.
Has anybody figured this out yet? I've only seen it once since I've owned it and I've since tried effortlessly to get it back up there but with no avail.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:01 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

It comes on when you start car but very briefly. I wish stayed on longer as i liked that on 997.1 but i guess 997.2 loads faster so screen goes away faster. Kinda like if you play old solitaire on new computer the ending cards flying around lasts 2 seconds versus 4 minutes in old pc's
Old 04-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It seems to only come on 'occasionally' when you start the car. I've not figured out the trigger.. maybe when the PCM reboots itself, or must cold start (ie the car went to sleep, was off for a few days)?
Old 04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Minok
It seems to only come on 'occasionally' when you start the car. I've not figured out the trigger.. maybe when the PCM reboots itself, or must cold start (ie the car went to sleep, was off for a few days)?
when the "trip" part resets, it comes on.. so basically when car cools down to cold and computer resets then it resets.. thats my experience.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:36 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine comes on occasionally - I have not figured out what triggers it. I was testing out my cell phone phonebook the other day - back and forth to the car - a few times when I put in the key, the logo came up - other times it went straight to the phone book search - seems random.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

I think that I may have found the 'triggering' device. The system must be completely shut down via the volume **** (push down **** for a few seconds until screen goes black), the key removed from the ignition and the door opened and then closed followed by arming the system.

When you disarm the system and then start the car, the Porsche Crest splash screen should briefly show up.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Just as I thought. This procedure worked the day before yesterday and last night, I just couldn't get it to show.

This is worse than trying to find Waldo...
Old 05-10-2014, 11:57 PM
jabajaba
Advanced

Originally Posted by doubleclutch09
Reviving an old thread here - I never used to see the White Porsche Crest Logo, until I took my car in for servicing - I also noticed the stations on my FM2 were messed up, and I started seeing the logo.

When dealers do certain things - do they reset the ECU or reset the electronics of the car?

I also saw in my Navi the the dealer's locations as added as one of the favourites - and the name had a Porsche logo next to it.

As an aside, what's the latest PCM version 1.47?
Old 05-11-2014, 02:48 AM
n1gels
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the latest version is 2.24:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...date-info.html

1.47 seems buggy. I get fairly frequent, random PCM reboots while driving which causes the Porsche screen to display. This usually seems to happen when I'm using navigation.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:05 AM
jabajaba
Advanced

Originally Posted by n1gels
I think the latest version is 2.24:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...date-info.html

1.47 seems buggy. I get fairly frequent, random PCM reboots while driving which causes the Porsche screen to display. This usually seems to happen when I'm using navigation.
Cool. Its annoying that the dealer wouldn't update this before selling the car. My car is still under original warranty - why the heck would they not do it?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:19 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

i wont venture a guess how it appears but it seems to appear frequently on my 997.2 when i start the car. just dont know how its triggered though
Old 05-11-2014, 10:59 AM
jabajaba
Advanced

Originally Posted by slicky rick
i wont venture a guess how it appears but it seems to appear frequently on my 997.2 when i start the car. just dont know how its triggered though
There was another thread on what triggers it etc I don't really care about that - I think most people who have 911 might be a bit type A and don't like the fact that it's not consistent.

My only thing is that the firmware should be upgraded on all cars when they're under warranty and being sold by the dealer.

Other than that, my v1.47 works perfectly fine. No glitches etc. One day I started the car and I couldn't hear the audio. So I restarted the car and it was fine. It might have been sufficient to re-start the PCM screen, but I hadn't realized at that point that holding the volume button down for a few seconds turns it off. Now I know!

Quick Reply: PCM 997.2 screen question