Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Concealed Valentine 1 Setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 01:28 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

I must be crazy...in my daily driver pickup, I have a veritable arsenal of electronic gear that stays in the truck most of the time--V1 and navigation on the dash, Dell laptop mounted between the seats, iPod mounted on the dash, etc.

Never had a problem. If someone did steal it all, I'd probably use the insurance money to upgrade everything, but...I live in Iowa--you can leave your Porsche running at the convenience store and the only attention anyone would give it would be to admire it.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:30 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's why you should forget about the V1 and get a truly stealth system like the K40.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Agreed. There seems to be a lot of talk about stealth or oem-like install that deals mainly with the display indicators. For that the OEM look would put the display and controls in the center console or on the stalks or steering wheel.

However, the fact that the main processing box with the antennas still has to sit stuck to the windscreen and is visible clear as day to anyone sitting in the car or poking their head in the side windows means it is NOT stealth. If I can stand by the car in the parking lot and see it has a radar detector, its not concealed.

Quick Reply: Concealed Valentine 1 Setup