Sadiq
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good, but the thread title should be "results of ONE day of polishing"
Old 03-31-2009, 10:17 AM
cparkin
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car is looking good Nathan!... Drop by and say hello sometime.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:22 PM
dtmarsh
Advanced

Looks great.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Looks great. Do you do orange cars?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:40 AM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Looks great. Do you do orange cars?
Yes but unfortunately when I was done it would still be orange.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Nice work, what made you go with Klasse AIO? Then, change to NXT?

Try just a paint cleanser like P21S, or a very mild polish such as Menzerna PO85RD or other finish polish. No glaze as they "fill" and not remove defects. Menzerna so far is my go-to polish. Nothing can beat the level of finish from Menzerna. German polish for German paint.

Black, so far I've really come to like Zaino on it and since Zaino has both an AIO and mild polish, they work great togeather with their sealants. Once easy one is the Zaino-CS, wipe on, walk-away, no buffing off. Or just use Z5 or Z2. Follow with Z8 Grand Finale spray, and it's one shiny black. Lasts a long time and easy to maintain.

Anyway, you cars finish looks damn good! And I know how difficult it is to keep clean.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 04-02-2009, 12:28 AM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
Nice work, what made you go with Klasse AIO? Then, change to NXT?

My usual routine is to every 6 months or so polish with a product like Sonus SFX-3 and apply an acrylic glaze like Klasse SG, then apply a wax every once in a while. IMO the wax adds a deeper shine than the acrylic glaze alone, and it also makes water bead better. Sometimes when I feel lazy I combine the polish and sealant step by just polishing with Klasse AIO.

Try just a paint cleanser like P21S, or a very mild polish such as Menzerna PO85RD or other finish polish. No glaze as they "fill" and not remove defects. Menzerna so far is my go-to polish. Nothing can beat the level of finish from Menzerna. German polish for German paint.

Not sure which P21S product you are referring to. I have used P21S carnauba wax for years but it is a wax only, with no paint cleanser. I only recently decided to try NXT Tech Wax but I will probably switch back to P21S next time. The pure natural wax isn't very durable but I think it looks better.

Black, so far I've really come to like Zaino on it and since Zaino has both an AIO and mild polish, they work great togeather with their sealants. Once easy one is the Zaino-CS, wipe on, walk-away, no buffing off. Or just use Z5 or Z2. Follow with Z8 Grand Finale spray, and it's one shiny black. Lasts a long time and easy to maintain.

I have read lots of good things about Zaino products but I have never tried them. I guess I should.

Anyway, you cars finish looks damn good! And I know how difficult it is to keep clean.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 04-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Sadiq
Pro

Originally Posted by _Nathan
I have read lots of good things about Zaino products but I have never tried them. I guess I should.
EVERYBODY should try zaino products.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:09 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I have tried a lot of waxes and or sealants and I know a lot of you like to knock Mequires but their NXT was is really good.

I also like Menzerna FMJ.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Zaino does not give that "plastic wrap" look as other sealants do, it's a bit warmer and with Z8, it's the closest to a finish first done with a sealant, then topped with a wax. My favorite combo for dark finishes was Zaino or other sealant, then Souveran wax.

P21S makes a very good paint cleanser. Very mild. I've always used it for light cleaning after claying a finish, then judge if further polishing is needed. If so, I'm always using Menzerna. Their polishes range from cutting to a fine polish, and even a glaze and wax. SIP (Super Intensive Polish) works well removing defects w/o heavy cutting or haze. IP cuts less, more polishing, the FP (Finish Polish) give high gloss.

Moving to Ceramiclear designed polishes works very well for normal clearcoats as well.

Only problem with wax... Park a car that has wax on it under or near a tree that drops pollen all over it (green dust), wax starts to warm up and the oils used in it migrate out and the pollen sticks like flypaper.

Sealants do not have that problem, and a light wipe or use of forced air takes the pollen off and finish is smooth.

I'm sure you'll enjoy Zaino. It can also be layered for more effects. Z5 has a slight hiding effect on very light marring, where Z2 is the most optically clear sealant. Z6 cleans and preps prior and between coats. Z8 is used for that extra POP. Z7 wash gives the best lube in washing. Can be used for a clay lube when mixed with distilled water. Z7 wash really lifts the dirt off very well.

I use other sealants or leftover Zaino on wheels to protect from brake dust, which makes it easier to clean going forward.

Give Zaino a try!!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 04-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Porscheluxe
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Deanski

[snip]...Only problem with wax... Park a car that has wax on it under or near a tree that drops pollen all over it (green dust), wax starts to warm up and the oils used in it migrate out and the pollen sticks like flypaper.

Sealants do not have that problem, and a light wipe or use of forced air takes the pollen off and finish is smooth... [snip]
I put Klasse AIO on my '04 Cayenne's stock wheels a couple weekends ago; they have never looked so good in their entire lives. I've used various waxes, but the Klasse AIO produced a surprisingly brighter and very reflective result.

I've got Klasse sealant on order and will follow with that after it arrives, and will probably do the whole truck with AIO and the sealant as it is metallic silver. I've read posts elsewhere recommending sealers for lighter, metallic finishes

I intend to see how my 997 wheels like it, too. I had planned on doing the dark colored 997 (Carmona Red) with the AIO and then follow it with P21S Carnauba Wax (also on order), but your pollen warning caught my eye. I've lots of woods around and cars turn yellow for weeks around here, drives me nuts. However, while the Cayenne lives in the driveway the 997 is garaged so I guess I can risk it.

Thanks much for the great info here. --- Bob
Old 04-04-2009, 11:55 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

only with black....looks like a ****ing mirror, awesome!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porscheluxe
I put Klasse AIO on my '04 Cayenne's stock wheels a couple weekends ago; they have never looked so good in their entire lives. I've used various waxes, but the Klasse AIO produced a surprisingly brighter and very reflective result.

I've got Klasse sealant on order and will follow with that after it arrives, and will probably do the whole truck with AIO and the sealant as it is metallic silver. I've read posts elsewhere recommending sealers for lighter, metallic finishes

I intend to see how my 997 wheels like it, too. I had planned on doing the dark colored 997 (Carmona Red) with the AIO and then follow it with P21S Carnauba Wax (also on order), but your pollen warning caught my eye. I've lots of woods around and cars turn yellow for weeks around here, drives me nuts. However, while the Cayenne lives in the driveway the 997 is garaged so I guess I can risk it.

Thanks much for the great info here. --- Bob
Try to keep the waxed car away from the trees if at all possible, or you may have to find the right wax that does not have too much natural oils in it.

Klasse will work well for wheels, and the finish on silver will be bright. If you are getting AIO, then you may want the sealant as well they make. To me, Klasse has a bit of a plastic wrap look to it, but it all depends on the finish color. Silver it's not as bad or really visible. It will make silver metallic POP.

I like Zaino Z2-Pro on silver metallics for more POP effect and it's optically clear as opposed to some sealants. Zaino just started the AIO polish not too long ago. Klasse has done it a very long time.

Like most sealants and waxes, it only counts if it looks good to your eye! Don't be afraid to play with sealants and waxes.

Oh, one thing, sealants should be applied very very thin! So thin, it's hard to see! Too much, and you get haze.

A good quick detailer I used with Klasse is from Sonus and the other from 1Z, anything designed for acrylic sealants will work.

Dark finishes (red/blacks) I've always used Souveran paste, but after performing side by side comparisons, I found a wax by Poorboys World looks as good and for cheaper $$. It's only when you get to really esoteric waxes that you start to see effects and difference.

Regards,
Deanski

Quick Reply: Results of 3 days of car polishing