Sponsored by:

Setting auto-lock function

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I don't know about you, but I've seen plenty of cars have locks that if they are unlocked by the remote, they'll relock after 30 secs or so. I'm a big fan of better safe than sorry... FWIW, why do you think all those car washes have big disclaimers about car lockouts?
I guess my question needs to be restated. Yes the car will relock if you unlock it and don't open the door.

My question should have been: why isn't the key on you? if I'm in the car and it locks or if I'm out of the car (I lock it) and in any case, I ALWAYS have the key.

Is this a case of someone leaving the key in the car and they are outside of the car?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

To your last question - YES. That's what I'm talking about - the car wash guy drives it into the tunnel and the key stays in it...
Old 04-03-2009, 03:15 PM
9elf S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To your last question - YES. That's what I'm talking about - the car wash guy drives it into the tunnel and the key stays in it...
Three words: Optimum No Rinse. You just need a couple of buckets of water. Faster and better than a car wash.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hm, well thats just nuts. I'd never do that. If the wash company operates that way, they should take the responsibility of unlocking the cars again that they manage to lock the keys in.

If it were me, I'd bring the spare key to keep on me for when the wash morons manage to lock the key in the car.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It's really not a big deal - I was merely explaining why I always set my auto-locks to "off"...
Old 12-05-2012, 07:20 PM
997 :-)
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have Sport Chrono? It says so in your sig...

If you do, then you can set it through the PCM settings. I can't remember the order on the 997.1 PCM, but it's in there. Just dig through the settings menus and you'll see one for "autolock". I just confirmed mine was "off" yesterday...
I have the Sport Chrono ;but, do not have any PCM setting to do this....
Old 12-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
I think you have to set it for both keys.
Not true. I have it set up on my KEy #2, but inactive for Key #1.

When you go through your Sports Chrono - equipped car to make these changes it will only change things for that key.

Quick Reply: Setting auto-lock function