Sponsored by:

Seat airbag wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:08 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seat airbag wiring

I've searched but came up empty, but the results were whacked so I think perhaps the search function is still not quite right.

I am preparing to install track seats in my 997S (07) and thought I would try the Recaro resistors to prevent the airbag light from coming on. http://www.subesports.com/products/c...ra/prodID/1988

The directions that came with the resistor are straightforward except for the part where they tell you which wire goes where. So, what I need is to know the colors of the wires under the seat that go to the airbag, and the function of each wire (one is a ground, I think there are two others to complete the circuit). Can anyone guide me?

I'll be doing the switch this weekend, so I can post pictures then if needed.

Thanks,

p-cardriver
Old 03-26-2009, 10:11 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first pic shows both connectors under the passenger seat - these are the car-side connectors. I think the box-shaped one is for the passenger weight sensor so isn't relevant here.

The big yellow connector, shown closer in the second pic, is I think the one I need to get into. The bottom two pins are for the seatbelt. I think the next block, sort of "L" shaped, is the airbag, and the bigger block at the top is seat heaters. The wires going into the middle block, bottom to top, are black, yellow, and two browns.

Ideally I would be able to find a connector to plug in to this part of the big yellow one, once confirmed that I've got the airbag portion, and then I can wire in the resistor kits.

Can anyone confirm any of this or identify a source for the connector I'd need?

Thanks
Old 09-03-2019, 05:14 PM
ThomasShawn
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ever get this sorted?
Old 05-24-2023, 11:14 PM
Flea7
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

old thread....but did this get sorted out. I'm running into the same situation.

Quick Reply: Seat airbag wiring