Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Positive or Negative comment on Downtown L.A. Porsche service?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:38 PM
JJB236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Positive or Negative comment on Downtown L.A. Porsche service?

I have been taking my 996 and 997 to McKenna Porsche service for years, even though they are 25 miles away from home. Downtown L.A. Porsche is fairly new, and I wonder how other guys' experience has been. Beverly Hills Porsche service and service dealers in nice areas like Newport Beach seems to be higher than those away from L.A.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:13 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I've been using Downtown L.A. Porsche for 15+ years. Dennis, their head wrench, is a fantastic guy in all ways, one of the best Porsche techs in the country. They built a whole new location a couple years ago and are now a "Premier Dealer". That has edged their service prices up some, but still I highly recommend them. If you want to PM me your contact info, I'd be happy to introduce you down there (I am close to everyone at the dealership).
Old 03-23-2009, 09:17 PM
JJB236
Racer

Arrow

Originally Posted by jcnesq
I've been using Downtown L.A. Porsche for 15+ years. Dennis, their head wrench, is a fantastic guy in all ways, one of the best Porsche techs in the country. They built a whole new location a couple years ago and are now a "Premier Dealer". That has edged their service prices up some, but still I highly recommend them. If you want to PM me your contact info, I'd be happy to introduce you down there (I am close to everyone at the dealership).
About 2 years ago, I took my 996 at Downtown L.A. which required some warranty work - 5 pages of worth. I had some clunking noise underneath the car plus other issues. They had my 996 for about 2 weeks, and put on close to 100 miles on the car. All the issues were fixed, but to this day, I am still concerned about putting on 100 miles on the car after repair.

Well.... McKenna Body Shop did the same after $5,000 worth of body work.

I will PM you my contact info. I think Downtown L.A. service cost is higher than other out-of-city dealers.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:44 PM
997, esq
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really not wowed by their responsiveness, but they are convenient if you work in Downtown. Would definitely recommend getting your car serviced at an Indy (or DIY) instead, bc routine oil change and look over is $700+
Old 03-26-2009, 09:41 PM
YseanY
Instructor

i just got my porsche not too long ago and i've been to mckenna and downtown. i had a clunk/rattle noise from my suspensions and mckenna could not find/fix it, but downtown did it... ask for james!

Quick Reply: Positive or Negative comment on Downtown L.A. Porsche service?