Sponsored by:

Value of 2007 Targa?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 06:17 PM
tincanman99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value of 2007 Targa?

I have been stalking the Porsche forums for quite a number of years and have always made the mistake of backing out on some great deals. Been wanting one since I was a kid. With the economy the way it is, it might be a great time to buy.

Anyway I got the Targa itch. From my reading people are saying Targa's take a beating in depreciation as they are not as popular.

I have an Audi A3 with an all glass roof, Open Sky as Audi calls it and I love it. It lends an incredible airiness to the interior + when open its almost like a convertible (not quite mind you). I live in NY Metro and a Targa is perfect for the weather here - 4 wheel drive, glass roof for the winter. Looks like a win to me

I am seeing 07 Targa's ranging in price from high 60s to 80s. Most of them have less than 15K miles on them. I would say the majority are like 6-7K.

So what would be a good price on a 2007 Targa? Does being an "S" effect the price much? I of course would prefer an S
Old 03-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 765 Likes on 544 Posts

Just came from a dealer in the Denver area. There are some good deals to be had.

He stated that the Targas are low production to the rest of the line and that most are in S guise. That said, its probably tougher to find a Targa that you want.

Obviously, looking at the window sticker will help with the fine details. Getting a highly optioned C4 or C4S will raise the resale value but the owner will lose alot on the options.

for 09 the C4 and C4S have a base difference of almost 10K, so that might help with the question if the S raises the price.

Keep doing your research.

Last edited by Jack F; 03-15-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Value of 2007 Targa?