Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With Xm filng bankruptcy, still makes sense to spend 750 get Xm option?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009 | 09:36 PM
jlinmd
Racer

$750 does buy a lot of music on iTunes.
Old 02-16-2009 | 09:55 PM
Minok
Drifting

Originally Posted by jlinmd
+1

Is there voice control on the new PCM? That's pretty cool! But that's only if you get the multi-function steering wheel right?
Voice control is a seperate option for the car. It does NOT require a special steering wheel. Its a button on the very tip of the lower left stalk that controls the on board computer.

It takes 2 commands, unfortunately to change from an XM to an FM station:

<press button>.....<beep>...."Source FM"
<press button>.....<beep>...."station KZOK"

because its one command to change the source and one to select the station (unless thats already the station that was last tuned in on the source). Still, it allows me to easily toggle between 3 XM stations without taking my hands off the wheel on the twisty 2 lane road.
Old 02-16-2009 | 09:58 PM
Minok
Drifting

$750 does buy a lot of music on iTunes.
This it does, but you can only buy tunes you already know about.

But then for the price of a 997 I can also purchase a lifetime supply of VW GTI's... so looking at these decisions form a purely economic value perspective is always sketchy.

As I said when I told folks about my purchase of the Targa; I've made the absolute worst financial decision in my entire life.... and it was worth every penny. ;-)
Old 02-16-2009 | 10:32 PM
jlinmd
Racer

Originally Posted by Minok
This it does, but you can only buy tunes you already know about.

But then for the price of a 997 I can also purchase a lifetime supply of VW GTI's... so looking at these decisions form a purely economic value perspective is always sketchy.

As I said when I told folks about my purchase of the Targa; I've made the absolute worst financial decision in my entire life.... and it was worth every penny. ;-)
Dont' get me wrong. I'm a huge fan of sat radio. I've found so many new artists in the past few years.

How do you like the AWD and Speed Yellow?
Old 02-17-2009 | 05:39 PM
Minok
Drifting

How do you like the AWD and Speed Yellow?
I'm loving it. Drives like its on rails and I love the color personally. Makes it easy to find in a parking lot too!

Quick Reply: With Xm filng bankruptcy, still makes sense to spend 750 get Xm option?