Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is my car shaking violently.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:21 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

My tires flatspot pretty badly in as little as 4-5 days. The steering wheel vibration goes away after about 10-15 miles.
I will never buy Pirelli's again.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
BuddyK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keithwatson
Today I drove my 07 C2S for the first time in a week due to inclimate weather. Well, the weather actually was still inclimate today as I drove down one mostly snow covered road for about a mile. The temperature was 2 degrees. I got on the interstate, and as I approached 55 mph, I noticed the steering wheel jerking somewhat violently. Naturally, I thought of tire pressures, though TPMS showed the right front at 30 and the right left at 29, both rears at 35. No warning was shown. So I continued at about 50 mph. I went to work and just came back and it is still doing the exact same thing. I got new tires about two months ago. Why was my car driving fine a week ago and now it's not?

My bet is you have some frozen snow/slush inside one of the front wheels. It has created an unbalanced wheel.

Drive slow to a spray and wash joint, and spray the insides of the wheels out, and viola! - back to normal highway cruising.

(oops - I see others posted about this too already)
Old 02-07-2009, 11:39 AM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you were going sideways and the road was rough due to snow and ice........that would be a consideration if none of the above were causes!
Old 02-07-2009, 01:43 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
My tires flatspot pretty badly in as little as 4-5 days. The steering wheel vibration goes away after about 10-15 miles.
I will never buy Pirelli's again.
I agree. I will never own a set again for the same reason.

Quick Reply: Why is my car shaking violently.