Old 01-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Exclamation 997S Supercharged vs. Cayman S RS350 in Excellence April 2009 Issue

Hey guys,
The April '09 Excellence is starting to hit shelves and its cover story is a neat one: Blakt Out's supercharged 997S vs. SharkWerks' Cayman S RS350 vs. a modified 997 Turbo. The authors drive the three cars for days, over hundreds of miles along the coast of northern California and there are many beautiful pictures in the magazine.

It's a good roundup of the benefits of each platform and shows what you might expect from each as a street car if you choose to modify the engine, suspension, and chassis.

There's a preview of the article on Excellence's site here.

Subscribers should be receiving the magazine any day, and it will be on shelves soon after.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:26 PM
blakt out
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan,

You beat me everywhere! LOL!

It was an awesome time. The mail just came. No mag. Darnit. I live on the east coast!

Jared
Old 01-27-2009, 04:07 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by blakt out
Dan,

You beat me everywhere! LOL!

It was an awesome time. The mail just came. No mag. Darnit. I live on the east coast!

Jared
I'll bet you can't wait to see what that supercharged black 997S looks like in print!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:29 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks fellas, Jarod's car is a beast for sure!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:08 PM
blakt out
Instructor

Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks fellas, Jarod's car is a beast for sure!
Thanks Alex. Lemme tell ya. If I had a Cayman S, I'd send it out to California in a heartbeat! You guys did some amazing stuff to that car.

If I weren't halfway across the world from you, you'd know my car very, very well!

As you can read in the article, your car shocked me. Not from power, but from balance. And I've driven, on a track, a modded Cayman S. Your car was special.

I know that you've had many cars in mags, but this is my first time ever! I can mark it off my "Life's to-do" list! (I really do have it on my list!) And the fact that I actually got to be one of the test drivers! So awesome!

(Not to mention that my baby, that I have sorted out myself, did well! I have had 4 suspensions, 4 exhausts, etc on that car, just trying to get it perfect. That's a big part of why I feel so happy!)
Old 01-27-2009, 07:42 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 14 Posts

Can't wait to see that issue. Sounds like a really cool collection. Especially involving a fellow R'lister.
(and a little story about some MPSC's I bought from blakt out).
Old 01-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Cope
Advanced

I received mine today and I just finished reading the articles on your car Jared. Seems you have one really nice 997. I thought you did a good job on your write-up as well.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:59 PM
blakt out
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cope
I received mine today and I just finished reading the articles on your car Jared. Seems you have one really nice 997. I thought you did a good job on your write-up as well.
Wow. Well thank you very much... both on the car comment, and maybe even more on the write up compliment. I really tried hard on that. Twas my chance to look silly or actually get to tell what I thought.

Thanks again.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:30 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by blakt out
Thanks Alex. Lemme tell ya. If I had a Cayman S, I'd send it out to California in a heartbeat! You guys did some amazing stuff to that car.

If I weren't halfway across the world from you, you'd know my car very, very well!

As you can read in the article, your car shocked me. Not from power, but from balance. And I've driven, on a track, a modded Cayman S. Your car was special.

I know that you've had many cars in mags, but this is my first time ever! I can mark it off my "Life's to-do" list! (I really do have it on my list!) And the fact that I actually got to be one of the test drivers! So awesome!

(Not to mention that my baby, that I have sorted out myself, did well! I have had 4 suspensions, 4 exhausts, etc on that car, just trying to get it perfect. That's a big part of why I feel so happy!)
Again thank you ever so much mate. That means a lot coming from you- I can't imagine most people having the car you have even giving anything else a chance but you did thankfully! The Synergy folks really managed to make a car that's deadly for the track and yet so sweet on the street at the same time. So very hard to do. I love the times you can pull with that thing (and it's stereo hehe).

The exhaust.. we need a video of that:P

Originally Posted by fjpdds
Can't wait to see that issue. Sounds like a really cool collection. Especially involving a fellow R'lister.
(and a little story about some MPSC's I bought from blakt out).
They put so much work (ahem...) into it. This was no "beauty" photoshoot that's for sure and they really racked up some good test miles. Really rare for a mag to do even do that these days.

Quick Reply: 997S Supercharged vs. Cayman S RS350 in Excellence April 2009 Issue