Sponsored by:

Lowering Springs for 997C4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 12:46 PM
drabe
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lowering Springs for 997C4S

What lowering springs work well with the PSAM for a C4S?
thanx
Old 01-26-2009, 12:52 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

I think if you are going with only springs go with Techart.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put a set of Techart ones on ebay.....should fit all 997s excluding Turbo and GTs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
Old 01-26-2009, 05:49 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by adfsouth
Just put a set of Techart ones on ebay.....should fit all 997s excluding Turbo and GTs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
Are these the springs you had on your car during the DE?

You cars ride height looked really good and the car handled well.

Did you get something new for your suspension?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:04 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Are these the springs you had on your car during the DE?

You cars ride height looked really good and the car handled well.

Did you get something new for your suspension?

Actually fell into a really sweet deal on a set of barely used Damptronics that I just couldn't pass-up. The Techart springs were a great addition, however, my car was in the shop for GT3 Control arms and new front rotors when I was offered the Bilsteins (moment of weakness!). In fact, the drop with the Techart springs was so perfect that I used the same exact ride height for the new setup.

I'm going to Homestead on Feb 14 and will be attending the 2-day Chin event at Sebring in April. Am I finally gonna get the see the Red Beauty?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:22 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Oh you should love the Bilsteins...I believe you can now corner balance the car too with the Bilsteins.

The Red Beauty is most likely coming to Sebring! I need track wheels though...seems I use to own a set and my wife says that some dumb azz sold them to some lucky buyer....hummmm
Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

hahaha.....quit it with the guilt, you're making me feel bad!!

I'm still running in the intermediate solo group so I'll take the wheels off between sessions and we'll throw'em on your car for the instructor run group

FYI, she's corner balanced with -2.5 camber up front (a tiny bit of toe-out) and -2.0 rear (.15 toe-in). Next step will be a bump steer kit and rear toe links (already have the front lower arms and sways).
Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Aren't the Techart's rebadged H&Rs?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:34 AM
mdrums
Race Director

hahaha.....quit it with the guilt, you're making me feel bad!!

I'm still running in the intermediate solo group so I'll take the wheels off between sessions and we'll throw'em on your car for the instructor run group

FYI, she's corner balanced with -2.5 camber up front (a tiny bit of toe-out) and -2.0 rear (.15 toe-in). Next step will be a bump steer kit and rear toe links (already have the front lower arms and sways).
You are set up with those specs! Next, we need to get you out of int solo! How's the heel toe shifting coming along?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:18 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Nope, they are rebadged Eibachs with slightly different spring rates then the standard ProKit. The H&Rs sit a little lower and I believe that both Champion and Cargraphic rebadge the H&R springs.

You are set up with those specs! Next, we need to get you out of int solo! How's the heel toe shifting coming along?
Heel-toe has pretty much become second nature, however, with these cars I find it easier to blip the throttle with my pinky toe rather then my heel. It would be great to get you in the car for a few laps at Sebring for some constructive feedback.

Btw, I've attended a few events with other clubs in advanced groups and felt quite comfy......but to be honest, I'm a bit intimidated by Chin's advanced group as they permit passing in the turns. In traquest format, the intermediate group is really nice and I'm one of the faster guys....dual group format is a real PITA when they combine intermediate with novice (traffic). Maybe I'll talk to Mark and see if I can run with you guys on the second day.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:19 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
No, Eibach makes them for TechArt and I'd stay away from the H&Rs since they really seem to sag over time
Old 01-27-2009, 09:31 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Adfsouth & Mdrums:

You guys should do a roadtrip end of March beginning of April for the CA Festival of Speed.

http://zone8.pca.org/speedfestival.htm

I'll buy the In & Out Burgers for the weekend.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:45 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Heel-toe has pretty much become second nature, however, with these cars I find it easier to blip the throttle with my pinky toe rather then my heel. It would be great to get you in the car for a few laps at Sebring for some constructive feedback.

Btw, I've attended a few events with other clubs in advanced groups and felt quite comfy......but to be honest, I'm a bit intimidated by Chin's advanced group as they permit passing in the turns. In traquest format, the intermediate group is really nice and I'm one of the faster guys....dual group format is a real PITA when they combine intermediate with novice (traffic). Maybe I'll talk to Mark and see if I can run with you guys on the second day.
Are you sure you want me in the car? ha ha!

Remember in the advanced group you still have to give a point by and if you are not comfortable with a point by in a certain corner do not give the point by. Do not let the car behind you drive you. It is not a race and if they get pissed so what.

However if you are not read that is totally cool and that is why you are becoming a great driver. You seem to know your limits and that is exactly what is needed and tells me you will go to advanced when you say you are ready. It is great you are not like many and leave the ego elsewhere.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:47 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Oh dang, I will ruin you if you feed me In n Out all the time! I just got my fill 2 weeks ago and my arteries are screemin' for more!

Originally Posted by 996toomey
Adfsouth & Mdrums:

You guys should do a roadtrip end of March beginning of April for the CA Festival of Speed.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:20 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996toomey
Adfsouth & Mdrums:

Can I have my buger animal style??

Seriously, that sounds awesome but with a 2 year-old and a newborn, I'm lucky the wife is even letting me get a few track days in.

Looking forward hearing more of your feedback on the damptronics after your next track day....

Are you sure you want me in the car? ha ha!

Remember in the advanced group you still have to give a point by and if you are not comfortable with a point by in a certain corner do not give the point by. Do not let the car behind you drive you. It is not a race and if they get pissed so what.

However if you are not read that is totally cool and that is why you are becoming a great driver. You seem to know your limits and that is exactly what is needed and tells me you will go to advanced when you say you are ready. It is great you are not like many and leave the ego elsewhere.
Thanks Mike, I appreciate the kind words. I know your right about the point-bys and not letting the guy behind pressure me into a corner pass.....I'd just rather air on the conservative side for a wee bit longer and work on my line and smoothness. I'll pick your brain more about it over beers at Sebring in April...my treat

Btw, I didn't say I was going for any laps in your car again!!!

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs for 997C4S