Sponsored by:

Winter in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:32 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 123 Posts

-No vids. I was by myself
-Not my car at Emilio's, but I do live close-by.
-Yes, it was at the Diversey Harbor lot. The spikes are down for the winter. The curbs and parking stops separating the 2 parts of the lot are the issue. I've done this a few times before, in less deep snow, so I pretty much knew where not to go. The curbs are completely buried by the snow drifts however.
-I tried it with and without the PASM. With the PSM ON, I was able to drift pretty readily, but I didn't realize how much it was controlling the car until I turned it OFF. Once I turned the PSM OFF, the car slid all over the lot, almost uncontrollably. Once I turned the PSM back on, I could appreciate the difference. It modulated the throttle to a point where I could only creep at a few MPH in some big snow drifts despite applying my right foot pretty heavily. To its credit, I was able to get out of some deep, powdery snow up to about 6-8".
Old 01-12-2009, 06:37 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
-I tried it with and without the PASM. With the PSM ON, I was able to drift pretty readily, but I didn't realize how much it was controlling the car until I turned it OFF. Once I turned the PSM OFF, the car slid all over the lot, almost uncontrollably. Once I turned the PSM back on, I could appreciate the difference.
I turned my PSM off on the track last fall in the rain, it was a controlled skid pad exercise, I intentionally tried to throw the back end out, and wow it really does stand for Please Save Me!

Nice shots, thanks for sharing.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:55 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 123 Posts

Winter in Chicago Part II: not as much fun. Only 100 degrees colder than you guys in California. 100 degrees!!!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Winter in Chicago