Old 01-10-2009, 08:46 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Talking Grey 09 997S PDK Car comes in for surgery

We just got done with a "phase 1" round of modifications for a 209 997S PDK car (meteor grey).

First thing was to address the Cayenne-level stock suspenion...

We went with the TechArt lower spring kit (just as on our car):

And the rears..

Next up was to tweak the sound of the stock exhaust:

On goes the SharkWerks center muffler replacement:

And on the inside we popped on the EVO pedal kit. Just an FYI, the "Tiptronic" kit fits perfectly fine.

There she is lowered and ready to go home...

Old 01-10-2009, 11:16 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks perfect to me. Love my Sharkwerks bypass.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

I'm enjoying watching the progress on the v2 997 Alex.
How much weight came off with the muffler,...about 30 pounds?
Old 01-10-2009, 11:59 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fjpdds
Looks perfect to me. Love my Sharkwerks bypass.
Cheers fjpdds and so glad you like it...
Originally Posted by Coochas
I'm enjoying watching the progress on the v2 997 Alex.
How much weight came off with the muffler,...about 30 pounds?
Thanks Coochas and I _wish_ we could claim 30 pounds and 500hp but No it's actually about 10 pounds:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=193
Old 01-11-2009, 07:09 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Alex:

Got my '09 C2S Friday and am very happy. Interested in your center muffler by-pass. Obviously when the throttle is put to it it is noisy than the stock, but what about at highway cruise? My wife and I are going to travel some in the Carrera and she does not like constant noise and or drone (not against the sound of power it is just her hearing aids amplify it)

Have you done any performance tests? if so what are the gains over stock?

So far, all things considered the new C2S is making the memory of the GT3 dim..... and besides so far it doesn't leak.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:28 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Sharkey, looks really good! The ride height looks like what my 09 with Sport PASM is.

Any idea if the shocks from the Sport PASM are different than the regualr PASM? Anyone with a 09 parts book?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:36 AM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Great ride height!
Old 01-11-2009, 12:42 PM
kcl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is just perfect!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:32 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Alex:

Got my '09 C2S Friday and am very happy. Interested in your center muffler by-pass. Obviously when the throttle is put to it it is noisy than the stock, but what about at highway cruise? My wife and I are going to travel some in the Carrera and she does not like constant noise and or drone (not against the sound of power it is just her hearing aids amplify it)

Have you done any performance tests? if so what are the gains over stock?

So far, all things considered the new C2S is making the memory of the GT3 dim..... and besides so far it doesn't leak.
Hey f4 plt, congrats on the new C2S... They really did a great job on this car and we're enjoying ours. I'm glad there's no leaks and although this engine isn't yet race proven by all accounts so far it's pretty rock solid.

To answer the drone/noise, there's actually _no_ additional noise inside the cabin during cruising (especially in a PDK car where the rpms are different). We just wanted slightly more "noise/sound" when you get on it so to speak. We actually took the center section (in stock form) and after looking at it decided to eliminate the two independent and sharp u-bends in favor of a straight-thru design so the flow is certainly better that way you're right....

Originally Posted by mdrums
Sharkey, looks really good! The ride height looks like what my 09 with Sport PASM is.

Any idea if the shocks from the Sport PASM are different than the regualr PASM? Anyone with a 09 parts book?
I've got to get my PET really soon so I can confirm all of this for you guys

Originally Posted by David A
Great ride height!
Cheers David...

Originally Posted by kcl
that is just perfect!
Thanks!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:20 AM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Are they the same TechArt springs used on early 997's??
Old 01-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wot, no lightweight flywheel? Remap for 8400 rpm? Come on!

4.0 P's & C's? Shorter diff gearing. How long before someone like Guard gets crazy and re-gears a PDK for 160 mph close ratio? : ) I'm itching for PDK in the GT3 -- the transmission and gear builders must be having sleepless nights waiting to find a ... um ... "early adopter" for a re-gear and LSD ...

Anyway, depending upon the control arms, I think the ride height can come down about two inches, then it needs a chin and a diffuser.

Those stock headers look like hell.

Nice to have $$$ O2 sensor right next to the wheel -- is that sensor really as exposed as it looks?

Seems like sunroof delete, some weight deletes, decent race shells, bolt-in roll cage, coil-overs, slotted rotors and GT3 calipers, bump steer adjustments, GT2 sways and you've got yourself a bit of a sleeper in any boring old $100K Carrera. : )
Old 01-21-2009, 12:48 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MHC2S
Are they the same TechArt springs used on early 997's??
They look the same yep:P Everything fits the same way too in that regard....
Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Wot, no lightweight flywheel? Remap for 8400 rpm? Come on!

4.0 P's & C's? Shorter diff gearing. How long before someone like Guard gets crazy and re-gears a PDK for 160 mph close ratio? : ) I'm itching for PDK in the GT3 -- the transmission and gear builders must be having sleepless nights waiting to find a ... um ... "early adopter" for a re-gear and LSD ...

Anyway, depending upon the control arms, I think the ride height can come down about two inches, then it needs a chin and a diffuser.

Those stock headers look like hell.

Nice to have $$$ O2 sensor right next to the wheel -- is that sensor really as exposed as it looks?

Seems like sunroof delete, some weight deletes, decent race shells, bolt-in roll cage, coil-overs, slotted rotors and GT3 calipers, bump steer adjustments, GT2 sways and you've got yourself a bit of a sleeper in any boring old $100K Carrera. : )
Hehe no remap for that high and not on a DFI car. Although we're doing ECU work so we'll see where that goes....I'd so like to see what happens with a crazy re-gearing like that. It's hard to imagine just how much faster the GT3 will be able to shift but I know it will! This one is a daily d-style car... Low on noise, cushy ride heheh I know what you mean about the headers and now they're integrated in with the cats too- ugh... This one's getting a mild change that's for sure

Quick Reply: Grey 09 997S PDK Car comes in for surgery