Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Much Do You Pay A Month For Your Car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Whats the question? Just gas and insurance and I guess I need to account for the tire usage as well.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:39 PM
MartyB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simply in the spirit of answering the question and for NO other purpose, I will share that I wrote a check for my car. My personal opinion is that if a person HAS to finance a new $80k plus car, they should probably be considering more affordable vehicles that won't depreciate as rapidly and that won't be as costly to maintain. I understand that there are times when financing an expensive car might be a better option for those who could pay cash.

Regarding Rennlist membership, I think Ben is exactly right. I have financially supported websites I have enjoyed in the past that were mostly a "labor of love" for the administrator, but this site is no longer such a site. I enjoy Rennlist very much, but I support it by coming here - traffic sells ads and ad revenue creates profit. By simply visiting this site, even as unpaid members, we enabled John to sell it for profit, presumably. I think I have paid as little as 6 or 8 bucks a year for a Car and Driver subscription, which clearly does not even come close to covering the cost of getting the magazine to me. Like web traffic, magazine circulation sells ads, so the key is to get the magazine in my hand. I have always been curious as to who the self-righteous users who try to goad the rest of us into ponying up thought they were actually looking out for.

Quick Reply: How Much Do You Pay A Month For Your Car?