Sponsored by:

Fabspeed exhaust v. PSE for '09 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:13 PM
doubleclutch09
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabspeed exhaust v. PSE for '09 Carrera S

Just noticed youtube postings re the new Fabspeed system on the '09 S. It truly sounds amazing - I hadn't checked that out before - it looks like that may be the perfect solution for the disappointing lack of engine sound/growl re the
'09 S makeover. Anyone have experience with the Fabspeed system intalled on the '09 S? How does it work when sport mode is activated (I believe the factory PSE kicks in only once you press the sport mode button, so is this different)? If you have Fabspeed, is the agressive sound there all the time (even upon starting/low rpm) regardless of whether sport mode is on or not (and is it even louder when sport mode is activated)?

The 2 postings I viewed tagged the Fabspeed systems as either (i) "dual tone maxflo mufflers "quiet mode" x-pipe primary bypass stock airbox"; or (ii) "primary muffler bypass pipe with Fabspeed cup air intake." Are these the same setup? I want agressive classic Porsche engine sound, but not overly loud (sounded to me like the (i) option would best fit what I'm looking for). Would appreciate any comments feedback from those who have the Fabspeed upgrade on their '09 S. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2008, 05:02 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I have the side muffler by pass pipes on my 09 S. They sound awesome! However they might be somewhat loud for most people. I am waiting for the dual cone mufflers to come out then I will get those with the X-Pipe. they do not work with the PSE on off switch. You can change them from loud to mild manually by swapping out some components I was told by Fabspeed.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:25 PM
doubleclutch09
Advanced

So the X-pipe primary bypass is the milder of the Fabspeed exhaust upgrades for the '09 S (as compared to the side muffler bypass)? Although the sound w/Fabspeed stays loud whether sport mode is on or off (if you have sport chrono), you still get the same increased throttle response etc. once you press the sport mode button, correct? (just want to make sure that Fabspeed doesn't take anything away from the additional zip/punch you get when sport mode is activated on the S) Thanks.....
Old 12-26-2008, 12:38 PM
tejoe
Advanced

Are you going to mess with the ECU also?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:44 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleclutch09
So the X-pipe primary bypass is the milder of the Fabspeed exhaust upgrades for the '09 S (as compared to the side muffler bypass)? Although the sound w/Fabspeed stays loud whether sport mode is on or off (if you have sport chrono), you still get the same increased throttle response etc. once you press the sport mode button, correct? (just want to make sure that Fabspeed doesn't take anything away from the additional zip/punch you get when sport mode is activated on the S) Thanks.....
Yes, if you want some HP and TQ gains and just a more exotic sound but louder than stock but not too loud the X pipe is the way to go. If you want it even louder then the side muffler by pass pipes like I have are the way to go.

This nor any other aftermarket exhaust change affects the sport button in the car.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed exhaust v. PSE for '09 Carrera S