Sponsored by:

Missing Individual Memory Settings

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:53 PM
jmills
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing Individual Memory Settings

My wife and I are new to the Porsche scene and have just bought our first Porsche. It is a black 2006 911S and what an incredible car! The car was a CPO car and we have it in the shop to have the dealer take a look at a couple of items. One of the problems is that the individual memory settings menu option and the trip/sport menu options are not available. We do have the sport-chrono package. When we talked to the dealer yesterday, they said that our car was not suppose to have those options. After their technician spent a good deal of time "researching", they determined that these menu options were only available if you have the multi-function steering wheel. I will not get on my soapbox about incompetent dealers, but I need to go back to them and tell them what needs to be done. I can show them in the Porsche manuals, etc. that the sport-chrono package give you these options, but does anyone know how this problem was actually corrected. I have read that a couple of people have had this same issue, but can't seem to find what the actual fix was. Thanks and I look forward to the Porsche world.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

You are correct,--stand by your guns. In time, you will discover that members of the Rennlist frequently know a lot more about these cars than most dealerships. I wish I could help you here but I can't recall seeing any discussion on this in the recent past.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:03 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Does your car have power seats? Do the memory buttons exist on the drivers door panel?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:32 AM
jmills
AutoX

Yes, I do have power seats and the memory buttons on the door.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:01 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Default Suggest reading this thread

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...dual-keys.html

It may/may not shed light on how to set up your seat memory....
Old 12-24-2008, 12:52 PM
glpellegrino
Intermediate

The individual memory options are displayed under top level menu on the PCM display when you press the set button. The other trip/chrono menu options are controlled with the lower left hand stalk and appear in the center display under the Tach (press it forward and cycle through the choices...some are there only when stopped).

I don't have the multi-function wheel and these options are all there....just in different places than each other. Thanks for pointing this out though...I stored my favorite temperature while I was poking around
Old 12-29-2008, 05:46 PM
jmills
AutoX

I am able to operate the Chrono with the stalk on the left side of the steering wheel. However, when I press the set button from the main menu, there is no "individual setting" menu option. I also don't have the sport menu option on the trip menu that allows you to review lap times, ect. For the record, I didn't mean to bash dealers in general in the original post. I have just been frustrated with their response to this issue. I was very pleased that they replaced my battery under warranty.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:32 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Call 1-800-PORSCHE. I have always had very good response from them.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:32 PM
glpellegrino
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jmills
I am able to operate the Chrono with the stalk on the left side of the steering wheel. However, when I press the set button from the main menu, there is no "individual setting" menu option. I also don't have the sport menu option on the trip menu that allows you to review lap times, ect. For the record, I didn't mean to bash dealers in general in the original post. I have just been frustrated with their response to this issue. I was very pleased that they replaced my battery under warranty.
I checked on mine and the individual memory settings are NOT under the sport chrono menu. They are on the PCM menu (center console display) when you press the "set" button. Two different places...Check the PCM and I think you will find them there.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:52 PM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Yes. They are on the PCM Menu. You cant get to it using the stalk on the steering column.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
jmills
AutoX

For anyone with this problem in the future.....I posted this same question on the PCA Tech Q&A section and got this response. It appears that my PCM was replaced prior to my owning the car and if they did not put in the activation code for the Sport Chrono, you will not see the display in the radio. The codes are in the Warranty screen under View International Vin 3. They can find the code for Sport Chrono and then add to the PCM coding. I will be talking to the dealer with this information in hand. Thanks again for everyones input.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:35 PM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Yes. This is true. That particular software needs to be programmed in if the PCM is changed. I had this happen to me as well. I an upgraded unit as a side effect; but they forgot to program the individual memory and sport chrono function.
Jmills:
I thought that would be a remote chance with your car and failed to mention to you that it could be a possibility. At least you have it figured out.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope may be you can find another similarly-equipped car in the dealer lot (it should be easy to peek through the window to see the chrono sport thingy on dash and the memeory seat buttons on door), and ask the tech/saleperson to sit inside that car with you. You all can then go through the PCM screen, and you can show them how the functions are supposed to work... Just a thought.

With best regards,

Last edited by axhoaxho; 12-30-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:27 PM
jmills
AutoX

Wanted to give a quick update to my missing menu options. Finally had a chance this weekend to take the car back to dealer who sold us the car us the car. They were able re-program the PCM so it was able to recognize the sport-chrono package. All works, so it is back to reading the manual to figure out how to make use of the new toys. Thanks for everyone's input.

Joe

Quick Reply: Missing Individual Memory Settings