Sponsored by:

On Board Computer quirks

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:49 AM
jasvoboda
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default On Board Computer quirks

The OBC on my 2007 997 acts strange but maybe it is normal.

#1 If the radio is on when I switch the key off, when the car is restarted the radio station listed on the OBC and PCM will stick with what was playing when the car was shut off even if I push to another station. I have to turn off the PCM and back on to get it to act correctly. Maybe the German designers insist everything is shut down before turning the ignition off?

#2 I put winter tires on. I drove a few miles and the TPM reset and was displaying the correct pressures. The TPM then indicated I needed to reset for tyre type but the stalk on the steering wheel would not allow me to go into the menu. It did nothing no matter where I moved it. Later in the day when resarting the car it functioned fine.

Ghosts? Me? Porsche weirdness? Defective control? Any input?
Old 12-08-2008, 03:51 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

As far as I'm concerned, the whole PCM and OBC are horribly complicated and user unfriendly. Thank goodness the new ones should be better.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:41 PM
richc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keninirvine
As far as I'm concerned, the whole PCM and OBC are horribly complicated and user unfriendly. Thank goodness the new ones should be better.

+1.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, #1 happens to mine off and on as well. Turning off/on the PCM does nothing for mine, though. I have to restart the engine to get it working properly.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Amen, brother. Amen.

Quick Reply: On Board Computer quirks