Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof Whistling Noise in Tilt/Vent Position?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Mineral
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof Whistling Noise in Tilt/Vent Position?

I have a 2005 997 S.

I get a high pitched whistling noise from the sunroof when it is in tilt/vent position. The noise starts at about 35 mph, and is very loud and annoying between 60 and 65.

This is different from the creaking and wind or buffeting noises that others have complained about on other threads. It's a very high pitched whistling sound.

I have had the car in twice to the dealer, who hears it, but has yet to discover the source. Replaced the weather strip without effect.

I'd like to point him in the right direction when I return to have him look at it again.

Has anyone else had similar issues?
Old 12-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sunroof doesn't whistle but my passenger-side rear view mirror has precisely the type of whistle you've described. Close the sunroof and cruise at 60-70 with passenger window open and see if the outside mirror is the culprit.

If so, a fix has been described somewhere on this board...something about replacing the seal between the outside mirror and the car.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:36 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you tried to simply take the saltines out of your mouth and simply whistle louder than the sunroof? That may help mask the sound ha (sorry, corny joke...couldn't resist)

Quick Reply: Sunroof Whistling Noise in Tilt/Vent Position?