Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price Check: 2006 911s Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:59 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like the car you should buy it-I think the price is fair.

Nav has been discussed here many times. Bottom line-if you haven't felt the need for it and haven't had it thus far you'll never miss it. If you are an occasional user just get the Garmen or else and put up as necessary. If you can't live without a nav system the buck up and add it.

Good luck.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:54 PM
rvklein
Racer

Here's a black 2007 with Nav for a few grand more:

http://vi.ebaydesc.com/ebaymotors/ws...l#ht_35900wt_0
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

This is slightly off topic, but while this is a nice looking car, this ad demonstrates a problem I see with so many Porsche ads, where they don't know how to properly describe the car's features. This one says "full leather", "leather interior" etc, but the car doesn't have it. Sorry, just one of my pet peeves with people trying to sell cars they don't know well enough to describe properly, and thereby mis-leading people. BTW, I couldn't see the price anywhere either.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:55 PM
chops
Advanced

Originally Posted by keninirvine
This is slightly off topic, but while this is a nice looking car, this ad demonstrates a problem I see with so many Porsche ads, where they don't know how to properly describe the car's features. This one says "full leather", "leather interior" etc, but the car doesn't have it. Sorry, just one of my pet peeves with people trying to sell cars they don't know well enough to describe properly, and thereby mis-leading people. BTW, I couldn't see the price anywhere either.
Didn't see the price anywhere either, and you are right about the description; doesn't have the stiching on the dash that proves the "full leather".

Sharp car, but with the distance (i.e, shipping costs), lack of full leather, and the black exterior color (never again!), I will pass. Rvklein, thanks for the lead though!!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:56 PM
chops
Advanced

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
+1 on all counts.

It's about $22-2400 plus install. Not $800; otherwise MANY more people would opt for it.

I didn't catch that original post......
Thanks for the insight; any estimates on labour cost in addition to the $2.2k-$2.4k parts?
Old 11-19-2008, 01:58 PM
chops
Advanced

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Nav is much more than merely a $800 bill in parts and your labor.

It's just odd to me that it has so few miles on it,--maybe that's a really good deal for you. Frequently we see 911 buyers waiting a lifetime to own a 911, and then when they buy it they are either (1) afraid to drive it or (2) don't have the time to drive it.

911s were meant to be driven. Don't buy it unless you can guarantee to us on the Rennlist that you're rack up some miles in it!
This will be replacing my SL500 as my daily driver, so no worries I don't plan on leaving her in the garage, twiddling her tyres.....
Old 11-19-2008, 02:05 PM
rvklein
Racer

Didn't see the price anywhere either
ah sorry I linked the body of the auction, not the auction itself, the buy it now was 69k.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Personally, I would dump the 20 inch rims and go back to the 19 inch Carrera S rims. 20 inches is strictly a bling-thing. It's not helping the handling.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
chops
Advanced

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Corp. Lease? Terminated that early???

Hmmm make sure the Title is clean from Repo.

Otherwise make sure it doesn't have any paint work, bolts or nuts that are turned or 'interesting' panels or plastic.

Could be a winner. Just take your time.
Chris, how can I check if the title is clean? Also, there is only 1 Porsche dealership here in Houston (West Houston) that is willing to do a PPI, but they need to have the car there for 2-3 days @ a cost of $385. I am looking to do the PPI at an independent shop (Pro Technik in Houston). Any concerns I should have with a PPI done at an independent shop?

Thanks again.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by chops
Chris, how can I check if the title is clean? Also, there is only 1 Porsche dealership here in Houston (West Houston) that is willing to do a PPI, but they need to have the car there for 2-3 days @ a cost of $385. I am looking to do the PPI at an independent shop (Pro Technik in Houston). Any concerns I should have with a PPI done at an independent shop?

Thanks again.
No comment on your local dealers.

Tell them to show you a copy of the title. They are required to have a copy on file.

As far as a PPI done at a local shop.......I have no idea where to begin.

You want to look for:

Paint work- EVERYWHERE. Doors, hinges, bolts, upper car, lower car, hood, boot lid, wheel arches, -pretty much anywhere the sheet metal comes to an edge.

Look for 'orange peel'. - also when you take to the dealer OR ask the selling dealer if they have a 'PAINT METER'. I'm sure they do.

Take and use it all over the car. Porsche is notorious for having EXTREMELY consistant paint levels. If you see digits all over the board- could be potential paint work.

But Id suggest you take it a Porsche dealer so they can run the VIN and see what work has been performed. Also, look for the DMI report about over revs.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:03 AM
chops
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ucube
That pic looks like Park Place Motors in Greenway Plaza. It's a non-Porsche dealership, but it deals with high-end marques. My guess is the previous owner swapped his lease for something else they had on the lot. Provided the PPI checks out, $65k doesn't sound like a bad price to me.
Good eye, it's being sold at MB Greenway. I wonder if the owner is here on Rennlist? It was sold through Momemtum Porsche.

Car is going to Pro-Technik tomorrow for the PPI. If everything checks out, I'll be picking up my first p-car!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:29 AM
rvklein
Racer

You should call PCNA about that warranty. When I was looking for a car I was told by PCNA that warranties only transfer from private owners or certified porsche dealerships. But this was on a 2003 so it's possible they were only talking about the CPO and not the standard factory warranty.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by rvklein
You should call PCNA about that warranty. When I was looking for a car I was told by PCNA that warranties only transfer from private owners or certified porsche dealerships. But this was on a 2003 so it's possible they were only talking about the CPO and not the standard factory warranty.

Limited New Car Warranty transfer's until you've reached 4/50k or what ever the warranty was for that MY.

CPO transfers from private party to private party ONLY.

Once it's sold or traded into a licensed dealership (incl. used car lot's) the CPO warranty is null and void.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:03 AM
chops
Advanced

Thumbs down

PPI came out clean

Curious, about the results of leakdown test:

Cylinder
1 - 2%
2 - 2%
3 - 2%
4 - 1%
5 - 2%
6 - 2%

Comments? I assume low numbers are good?
Old 11-22-2008, 03:39 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Did you get a DME readout for over revs? Had mine checked and I've had 1330+. All "1" with a few "2". (I think 1329 of these were during the Rte 1 trip that Edgy and I did)

Tech told me they have one customer that has 22,000!!!! With that many, I'm thinking some have to be above "2"?

Quick Reply: Price Check: 2006 911s Cabriolet