Sponsored by:

advice on winter undercoating

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:18 AM
P1-EH
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question advice on winter undercoating

I've done some searching here, but haven't found any references to whether undercoating a 997 is a good idea, or what kind to use.

I'm taking delivery of an 05 C2S next week, and with winter coming (it'll be ny DD) I want to make sure I look after it.

Thanks..
Old 11-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't need it - it's done at the factory and the steel is galvanized. Just make sure you have winter tires fitted ASAP - there's some "nice" weather coming your way in about 3 days.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:03 AM
P1-EH
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
Don't need it - it's done at the factory and the steel is galvanized. Just make sure you have winter tires fitted ASAP - there's some "nice" weather coming your way in about 3 days.
Awesome! I suspected Porsche would have done something like this, but wasn't sure. As for the winter rubber, ya, I gotta get on that fast. The car arrives in Toronto next week and I have to find wheels and rubber before then.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Porsche has done a lot to keep you from breaking out the Bodyschutz material. One very important design is the inclusion of fender well liners. They keep the grit flung up from winter driving from damaging the factory-sprayed undercoat. One area that can receive some added attention are the fasteners. They could use some BodySchutz hand applied by brush or by spray nozzle. It's that stuff that will fail long before the galvanized steel body sections.

Quick Reply: advice on winter undercoating