t-shark
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No-one?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

all three are inserted as part of the MOST fiber optic loop. The Mobridge and denison do the same thing (its one or the other) and take the place of the CD player if you have one installed. The tookie is in the loop as well but it doesn't play music if that's what you are asking. its to connect your BT phone.

I can only talk about the denison GW500, but music begins at once, the playlists load within a few seconds. but the individual tracks take longer to load and display.
So once you hit a playlist the first song starts immediately, then after maybe 30-60 seconds the list of songs in that playlist loads and is displayed. Scrolling within a playlist is as fast as turning the **** once loaded on to the PCM display. Only so many sonngs load at a time and there are up/down arrows at the ends of the screen to move to the next page (fast).
Hope I am answering your questions correctly...
Old 06-11-2010, 01:12 PM
laxman1100
Intermediate

It sucks the Dension can't do bluetooth while plugged in. Is this something they plan on fixing with the next firmware? Seems like an easy fix via software?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:44 AM
man_of_ice
Racer

I - similar to many others I see - am also in the situation to have an iPhone and want to use it for playing music (who uses CDs these days) as well as bluetooth.

Just bought a 2005 boxster s with PCM 2 and phone module, and starting to research around.

So (if I understand it all correct from reading various threads) I can do:

* use the aux port and a cable - and run music through that controlled by the phone. This is most likely the cheapest option
* use products like Dension, mobridge to plug the phone in as a "harddrive" controlled by PCM

But when doing the latter I wont be able to use it as a phone at the same time it seems.

For bluetooth phone, I need to get either a plugin module for above said products or a separate bluetooth thingie.

So here is my thoughts if the above is correctly understood:

If I cannot use my iPhone for both music and bluetooth at the same time with the dension etc. products, then I might as well get a USB harddrive and plug that in instead. Hide it away in the trunk where the cd changer usually sits and have no cables in the cabin. Then get a bluetooth module and use that for phone operations.

iPhone seems (?) to be supported by all 3 products I can find info on - dension, m0bridge, tooki.

So at the end of the day there seems not to be a single solution for my problem. With price in mind it then seems that the Dension is the way to go.

Is that how you guys also see it?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Kuhan
Racer

I have a similar situation to you and I have decided to get the Dension with blue tooth and put a dedicated iPod in the frunk. I think that's the best solution with maximum flexibility.

Quick Reply: Ipod-Bluetooth Revisited