Sponsored by:

New Tubi Exhaust for 997

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Laps
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tubi Exhaust for 997

Does anyone know anything about the new Tubi exhaust with VALVE that was advertised in the Oct Excellence? I have looked at Tubi's website, and all others I can find, but there is no info out there. From the pics in the Ad it looks like the VALVE may work like the stock sport exhaust and allow you to quiet the exhaust when you want. Anyone know anymore about this new product?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yes - the valve is to make it like stock with switchable sound/flow. Same stuff as the valved exhausts for RS4, etc.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:54 PM
JackQ
Advanced

I called them and the exhaust is a replacment for the Porsche PSE, it uses the same vacum and hardware as the PSE. The Tubi does not come with the PSE hardware (must buy seperate if you currently do not have PSE, like me) and the price was something like $2,800 or more. I lost interest when I heard the price and resolved myself to buy the PSE. I have yet to do so with the lost hope of buying a used PSE from someone the upgrade to aftermarket.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Laps
AutoX

Thanks for the info. It is to bad they did not make the Valve electronically actuated so the sport button would be able to be wired in and turn the servo. That way you would not need the vacuum lines. I am sure there is a good reason though, I am not an engineer!

Quick Reply: New Tubi Exhaust for 997