Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DC area Porsche Dealers/Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008 | 10:02 PM
Nittany
7th Gear

Default DC area Porsche Dealers/Service

Has anyone had good/bad service experience with Arlington or Tysons Porsche. I just bought a used 2006 911S from a non-Porsche dealer and wondering which would be a good dealer to get warranty work done from.

I have heard bad things about Tysons on here. Do either places provide loaner cars since I don't have a second car?

If neither of these are good for service, how bout other Porsche dealers in the area (Tischer, Rockville, etc...)
Old 09-24-2008 | 01:07 AM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've had my cars serviced at both and have had good service at both. Both had loaner cars, but not Porsches. Tyson uses Enterprize rental cars located at their shop. Rockville has done good work for me. Tischer is not my favorite best thing about Tysons is that they are open on Sat. Good Luck
Old 09-24-2008 | 07:54 AM
chuckla
Racer

I have used Tischer for years and trust Tom Valhe, the service mgr. I tried Arlington and liked them-but they overcharged me for one service and then my guy left so I went back to Tischer. Didnt care for Rockville's old location P service where the mechanics had to work outside all year round. Havent been to the new location. Tysons is a madhouse, dont know about service.
Old 09-24-2008 | 09:36 AM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tom Valhe seemed like a straight shooter to me, but it was the repeat visits for the same thing that turned me away from Tisher. Arlington, I worked with a guy name Mark, very knowlegeable -Don't know if he's still there. Tyson was not very good some years ago, but then they went thru what I'd call an overhall -new shop, etc. Prices, you have to watch, on non warranty issues I've negoiated with them. As far as their work, so far so good.
Very glad you give Tisher high marks, as they want to me to purchase an extended warranty for my Cayenne thru them. Fair price.
Old 09-24-2008 | 10:47 AM
phillig
Cruisin'

I just had my 2005 serviced at Arlington and they did a great job. I'll be going back there for all my service.
Old 09-25-2008 | 12:11 AM
2338V
6th Gear

Default Experience with Tysons

Nittany -

I have had very good experience with Max at Porsche in Tyson's Corner. They also provided me with a Cayman while they took care of a warranty item on my car (water pump!).

I'm comfortable with them and think you will be OK with them.

I've also heard good things about Arlington. They don't have a lot of turnover in staff there, so you get to know their reps well.

Good luck,

Mike
Old 09-25-2008 | 12:23 AM
programmatore
Drifting

I bought my car new from HBL (Porsche of Tysons) and took it in for service there until the warranty expired. They were good but pricey. Once the warranty ran out I switched to Intersport about a block and a half up the road from HBL towards Spring Hill.
Old 09-25-2008 | 06:40 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

I've taken 2 Porsches and 3 Audis for service at HBL since new. I've been treated very well and they now have A3s as loaners (Cayenne if you want to schedule around its availability). I can't say they're pricier than anyone else since it seems that they follow the rate schedule. I do get discount coupons via e-mail all the time, discounts on parts, etc.
Old 09-25-2008 | 09:58 AM
Mr. Brown
Instructor

Default Porsche of Arlington

Originally Posted by phillig
I just had my 2005 serviced at Arlington and they did a great job. I'll be going back there for all my service.
I've heard good things about Arlington, so when my dash lit up with a message that said something about a side marker bulb being out, I just drove over there without an appointment.

It was my first visit and they were super. It took a couple of minutes for them to gather all the data about my car, but they changed the bulb and had me out of there quickly.

The attitudes of their staff made it a pleasant experience and I'll go back when I need warranty service.
Mr. B
Old 09-25-2008 | 10:33 AM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Another from me for Tyson's (HBL), they have not put any of their feet wrong thus far in the last 3 years I have been taking my car to them. It is actually there right now for minor warranty work and they gave me a '08 Cayenne, which is a superb car/SUV btw, and they keep me informed of progress each day. Also, they have not made any issues or whatsoever about my tracking and mods so far.
Old 09-25-2008 | 03:39 PM
Kevin K
Instructor

I bought my car from Rockville Porsche (2006 C2 cab) and all the service has been there. The new facility is very nice, but I've had the car back 3 times for a CEL within 1200 miles. Same problem with a small leak in the evaporative(?) system that they didn't get right on the first two tries. Hopefully, this third time will be the charm.

One and two year services cost about $650. At the 2 yr service, they deferred the brake fluid change which would have added a bit more to the price.

Appointments are easy to get and with the CEL issue, they had me drive right in each time I called. However, this last time the car was in the shop for three days as they waited for parts.

Loaners are usually lower end Audi's from the Enterprise desk within the dealership.

Anyway, that's my quick summary of Rockville Porsche service.

Kevin

Last edited by Kevin K; 09-25-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Add

Quick Reply: DC area Porsche Dealers/Service