Sponsored by:

Anyone seen new cream white?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:16 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sunshine
Cream White with Carrera Red leather makes my heart go pitter pat!!
I agree, it is a truly stunning combo, but those two options will cover the cost of my sales tax, so i will have to settle!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:58 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

VW makes a cream color, wonder if it similar?

I think it would great w/ cocoa
Old 02-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Just got back from Champion getting advice on a ding on my bumper and looked closely at the cream white cars they had. How Porsche can call this paint cream white is beyond me. Its got a distinct pink hue that shows really badly. I did not like it at all. They had cars with cocoa,natural brown and sand interiors with the "cream" paint...none looked good. Its bad news for the bumper ding repair...my paint code on the gas cap is "sand white" R9A but parked next to a cayenne with the same paint its not the same at all. Its ivory 6204 and how the local body shop could duplicate it is beyond me. The body shop will never be able to match my paint so Im gonna leave the ding be and live with the scratch and crack.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 129 Posts

They just sold a car in that color 3 days ago here to a woman,--with the natural cocoa leather interior. It's different,--but then, they're introducing a lot of colors these days that would never have made it a few years ago (e.g., brown, green, etc.)
Old 02-07-2009, 07:20 PM
chuckla
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with you, Sunshine. Gorgeous.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

My dealer has a turbo cab in the new cream white and the dark brown interior ( I think it is called macadamia {sp} ) It is a very striking color is you like a soft white but for the extra cost I would pass. I felt the same way about silver and went with Artic rather than the high coat GT Silver. That said white is my topic for my '83 SC it is several shades of white, primarily Gran Prix white which has a little tint of yellow in it. A research of the white for '83 revealed that Alpine white was the correct color for that year, has anyone seen that white. I know this is a 997 board but I have gotten little response form the 911 board and I'm getting close to re-paint time. As with most colors white is not white. Comments
Old 02-07-2009, 08:20 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw one in cream white, it looks like a light beige.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:47 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

I have seen it at Braman. It has no pink tones indoors or outdoors that I could discern. It is basically an eggshell/off white w faint yellow rather than gray undertone. It is cooler than ivory (which has a lot of yellow), but much warmer than carrara white which is an ice white. With black interior it will appear more yellow/ivory; a red interior will make it seem cooler/whiter; and a brown interior will accent the beige tones. With black/cocoa/red you will get a retro 50s look which is elegant/sporty, but not modern macho. Not a choice when peer acceptance is a major factor. I hope that's useful.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:45 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear it has a brown tinge to it, almost like what carrera white looks like when it is very dusty.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:59 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

My dealer had a 3 or 4 of them parked next to each other, and I recall a slight pinkish tone, although I didn't pay much attention as I think the color sucks. I know, each to his own, but for me it was an instant turn off.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:28 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jcnesq
My dealer had a 3 or 4 of them parked next to each other, and I recall a slight pinkish tone, although I didn't pay much attention as I think the color sucks. I know, each to his own, but for me it was an instant turn off.
Jim, what do you really think about the color? Next time don't sugar coat it!
Old 02-08-2009, 10:13 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

I have seen one and did not like it. It looked like it had a pink hue in it.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:07 PM
CJT
7th Gear

I saw one at Momentum a few weeks ago when I stopped by to have my oil topped off. I really liked it in the pictures I had seen. In person though, not so much. Definitely pinkish. Definitely.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:10 PM
DPorcella
Instructor

I agree with the analysis by djcxxx. My girlfriend really liked the cream, but it looked very "feminine" to me in this era. I coulda seen Cary Grant in one, but not me. It's a harder, more macho America these days, fellas. Pumped up and in your grill.

It's also good to consider your climate for color choice, I believe. In places where you get four seasons like the east and midwest, it just seems personal color likes and dislikes work because you get all sorts of light.

From the Bay Area to points northwest, I think the silvers and grays are awesome in the fog and clouds and soft, filtered light.

In the desert, including the Central Valley of CA where I live, the light is so intense you have think it through. Black cars need a daily wash. Dark blues and reds look like they should go back to Boston. Just my (possibly) crackpot theories on climate and car color!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

I think you would need to be very familiar with hand cream brands to find this appealing.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen new cream white?