Sponsored by:

Problem with mirror/park assist

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:40 PM
OneManTX
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problem with mirror/park assist

I have Tiptronic/SC. You're supposed to be able to set the passenger mirror to point down while in reverse, then it returns to normal when you put car back in D. I followed the steps in the owner's manual correctly, I think, but what happens isn't right: If I put the car in R, the mirror will point down, but only if I switch the mirror remote control switch to the right. Then the mirror stays down, even with the car in D, unless I put the mirror control back to the middle. There's no way that's the way its supposed to work; I've had that system on other cars. I asked the dealership about this and they said I'd have to bring the car in so they could check its software or something. That seems strange, and getting to the dealer is a bit of a hassle for me, so if its something I did wrong in the setup, I'd be glad to fix myself. (To set up, I put the car in R, aimed the mirror where I wanted it, then press the M and seat position 1 button).
Old 09-07-2008, 02:52 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

You're right, you have to have the mirror control turned to the right position for the auto-tilt to work. If it isn't returning to proper position when you take the car out of reverse for 10 seconds or so, and/or start moving ahead, then it will likely need dealer attention. You shouldn't need to move the selector **** to the center neutral position.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:54 PM
OneManTX
Pro

Thanks - I will try giving it some more time in Drive and/or moving forward. (Can't try it for a week, though , which is another story. Car at body shop to get new front bumper after my son backed his car into it in the driveway )
Old 09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I think the manual says something like 4 mph in the forward position before it returns properly. I think you're doing everything right. Should go in or service.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:50 PM
OneManTX
Pro

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I think the manual says something like 4 mph in the forward position before it returns properly. I think you're doing everything right. Should go in or service.
Yep, that was it. Working fine. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Problem with mirror/park assist