Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess it was just a matter of time, the fake RUF wheels have arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 04:19 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Guess it was just a matter of time, the fake RUF wheels have arrived!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-Po...spagenameZWDVW

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................... not opposed to knock offs as they serve a purpose but as a RUF wheel owner was happy to know there were no knock off RUF wheels out there, that is until now. Guess I am not surprised.....
Old 08-27-2008, 10:52 PM
1crazy canuck
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-Po...spagenameZWDVW

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................... not opposed to knock offs as they serve a purpose but as a RUF wheel owner was happy to know there were no knock off RUF wheels out there, that is until now. Guess I am not surprised.....
most knock offs are much heavier than the originals...and the RUF originals are among the heaviest wheels out there...I wonder what the knock offs are going to weigh
Old 08-27-2008, 11:14 PM
othomasjr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it as a compliment. That are some kick-*** good looking wheels and there is enough demand for them to copy them.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:51 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,312 Likes on 610 Posts

the map, the map, the map...the map is not the territory

Along with weights, i'd want to verify those are as strong as they need to be. And I wouldn't bet they're strong enough just because they weigh more. I once had a set of OZ Italy wheels that were both heavy AND weak -- not a good combo, though I know the company also turns out light and strong wheels.

With these, I'd want to know who is putting their name behind them. They might be great, but I'd want to *know*. If they're not great, they could end up making the real thing look very cheap, after all.

pete

Quick Reply: Guess it was just a matter of time, the fake RUF wheels have arrived!