Sponsored by:

997 Cabriolet top squeaks

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 02:55 PM
jasvoboda
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 997 Cabriolet top squeaks

Looking for a solution to a squeaky top. With the top up road jiggles produce a squeaky sound that seems to come from the right rear behind the rear seat. I can reproduce this sound by pressing lightly on the top beneath the window or by pressing on the panel that raises. Anyone have a solution?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:58 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasvoboda
Looking for a solution to a squeaky top. With the top up road jiggles produce a squeaky sound that seems to come from the right rear behind the rear seat. I can reproduce this sound by pressing lightly on the top beneath the window or by pressing on the panel that raises. Anyone have a solution?

I don't know about a "squeaky" sound - but these things are subjective and you might be talking about a similar problem that has been posted about here. I have my C2S Cab in the shop today having the roof liner replaced (well, the job is actually subbed out to an interior trim shop) because of a rattle from the cross member behind the driver's seat. I think it's the third "rib" if you count from the front. I could press my hand against the roof and make it go away. The rattle was also a bit intermittent.

If it's the same thing, your dealer should be familiar with the problem. My dealer just went ahead and ordered the new liner after a quick look.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I've got the exact same noise in mine. My solution is to just never put the top up. Perhaps not the most practical or effective solution, I know.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:29 AM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

you mean we have a top!
Old 08-20-2008, 04:17 AM
hjacobs2000
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 16 year old son just found the top button today. I never even knew we had a top
Old 08-20-2008, 10:59 AM
jasvoboda
Instructor

I know exactly what you mean. I had a Boxster for 4 years and the top was up for exactly 3 days the whole time. However, the 997 is my daily driver now and in NY it does rain once in a while!!

Thanks for your help.....I'll ask a dealer!

Quick Reply: 997 Cabriolet top squeaks