Sponsored by:

Alarm Sensitive?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:43 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Alarm Sensitive?

My alarm when off last night in my parking garage when I had my motorcycle idling beside it. My motorcycle has relatively loud exhaust. Does the factory alarm sense vibration?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:55 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It has a noise sensor in cabin. I get this during heavy wind. I have been told there is no setting to adjust. if you click twice rapidly when locking the car you turn it off. Check manual on this. It's an issue because it leaves a taillight on to advise you of the "problem" Can't wait to come home from vacation to dead battery.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:08 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by gpjli2
It has a noise sensor in cabin. I get this during heavy wind. I have been told there is no setting to adjust. if you click twice rapidly when locking the car you turn it off. Check manual on this. It's an issue because it leaves a taillight on to advise you of the "problem" Can't wait to come home from vacation to dead battery.
I think the interior sensor is a motion sensor not noise activated and not sure where you got the info on the tailight staying on but my 06 manual says on page 27 that if alarm is triggered, the horn sounds for about 3 minutes and the emergency flashers and interior lights turn on for about 5 minutes - nothing about taillight.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:06 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I think the interior sensor is a motion sensor not noise activated and not sure where you got the info on the tailight staying on but my 06 manual says on page 27 that if alarm is triggered, the horn sounds for about 3 minutes and the emergency flashers and interior lights turn on for about 5 minutes - nothing about taillight.
I have the tail light stay on after horn ceases until I unlock and relock car. Yes there is a motion sensor but I have tried rocking car to see if that sets it off to no avail. That would be some healthy motorcycle exhaust to be moving the car around! The procedure for turning interior sensors off is as described. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:33 AM
eljeffo64
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my bikes (a Harley and a Ducati) both have loud pipes and both trigger the 997 alarm if I start them in the garage....
Old 07-31-2008, 02:42 PM
spicytuna
Intermediate

I had the interior sensor replaced in my 997 because it was faulty. Alarm would go off all the time, apparently for no reason.

After the change, it seems that vibrations can set it off. The B&B mufflers on my 993 can set the alarm off.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:31 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

My parking spot is in the parking garage of my condo building so the noise from the bike resonates off the concrete. Only happened once so far, but thought it was sensitive for an OEM alarm. I sometimes set-off alarms on parked cars when riding on city streets, but I assume those are aftermarket alarms that are very sensitive to vibratrion/noise
Old 07-31-2008, 11:38 PM
pred8or
Racer

LOL My 997 PSE set off someone's alarm in the parking lot the otherday! I think it was a caddie.

Quick Reply: Alarm Sensitive?