Sponsored by:

To drill or not to drill...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 08:07 PM
JJB236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by surfer
Same here. I usually have several cocktails when the pharmaceutical reps take me out for dinner or when I'm having sushi with the boys and I don't want to give the police an excuse to pull me over. Had the dealership do the installation at no cost and with the black porsche plate holder it looks fine.
Surfer, what up? Care to post some pics? I haven't seen one photo with normal center plates in here right in the center of the bumper. I'll let you know how the $35 tow-hook works out. I didn't want anyone drilling holes in the bumper without trying out another option.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:32 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

K, I'll try deal on it this weekend. Gotta varathane the hardwood floor at my crib tomorrow afternoon after seeing patients in the morning, bleh!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by JJB236
Dan, that's some eye-catching color you got there. Must turn quite a few heads with your 997. With those bolts sticking out from above, it reminds me of a nurse shark ha ha. Thanks for posting your car. Looks great.
I like the color a lot! Thanks.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:22 PM
amar_kamath
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't mind the holes as much as spoiling the looks of the car. so, I am risking it here in northern NJ. I see cop cars every day during my commute. have done 10,000 miles so far without issues. I do carry the plate under the passenger side mat just in case. I know I will be stopped eventually and I am going to use the line I picked up from a fellow here: "the mounting bracket's on order officer!". i will push my luck for the look...

Quick Reply: To drill or not to drill...