Sponsored by:

Window Bounce

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Window Bounce

I just got to my car after three months in storage in my garage in Florida. I had it hooked up to the Porsche battery maintainer but there was a power surge which blew a breaker in my garage so the battery was shot. Porsche of Naples did an excellent job as usual arranging for a tow and new battery, but now every time I start the car the drivers window bounces up and down a couple of inches just like when it drops when you open the door. Sometimes it does it 6 or 7 times before stopping.

Anybody have any idea why this is happening? I am back in Chicago and don't want to have to bring it back to the dealer next week. Thanks
Old 07-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Vitamin_J
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here without the battery issue. Mine does this about 3-5 times a week.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:07 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidoconn
I just got to my car after three months in storage in my garage in Florida. I had it hooked up to the Porsche battery maintainer but there was a power surge which blew a breaker in my garage so the battery was shot. Porsche of Naples did an excellent job as usual arranging for a tow and new battery, but now every time I start the car the drivers window bounces up and down a couple of inches just like when it drops when you open the door. Sometimes it does it 6 or 7 times before stopping.

Anybody have any idea why this is happening? I am back in Chicago and don't want to have to bring it back to the dealer next week. Thanks
Not sure this will help but have you tried the re-learn feature on the windows? I attached the page that describes the process.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
997 Owners Manual.pdf (13.0 KB, 202 views)
Old 07-07-2008, 03:15 PM
CharlieJr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Not sure this will help but have you tried the re-learn feature on the windows? I attached the page that describes the process.
A sports car, where you have to re-learn the window!!
Old 07-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Vitamin_J
Rennlist Member

Thanks for posting the PDF
Old 07-07-2008, 07:23 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieJr
A sports car, where you have to re-learn the window!!
I think any cars with indexing windows (Porsche, 350Z, others) need to be reset if battery power is disconnected.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah that isn't it. The window goes all of the way up. When the key is placed in the ignition the window goes up and down a few inches about 10 times until the car is started. The dealer has no idea but said to just bring it in, which is what I was trying to avoid. I will try the reset but do not think it will do it.

Quick Reply: Window Bounce