Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Parade?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008 | 01:25 PM
Mark CS4
Track Day

Default Porsche Parade?

I live in Charlotte, NC. Today is the beginning of the 2008 Porsche Parade. I drove to the Westin Hotel Downtown. Everybody is being stuffed into a dark crowded multi-level underground parking garage along with every other Hotel guest car, SUV's Vans, etc. You get the picture.... What were they thinking!!! What a lousy place to end up after participants travel all the way to Charlotte. Also, not the safest place to leave your car. After driving my GT3 through the parking garage, I left.... There are so many great places to meet around Charlotte that could have provided more suitable accommodations. Should have been at the Ballantyne Resort....

Mark

Last edited by Mark CS4; 06-28-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-29-2008 | 07:26 AM
s4r
Rennlist Member

I went down last night and all the things that you say are correct. However, the garage was filled with Porsches so I would hope that the other owners would be a little respectful of the door swings. I did see some Porsches parked in the surface lot across the street at Crush. Ballantyne might be okay, but we have a downtown now and that is where all big events occur.
Old 07-03-2008 | 12:02 AM
cdaniels
Racer

I was there this week for several days and had a great time...no problems and didn't hear of any complaints from others....I actually was impressed with downtown Charlotte but must admit I like the South Park area as a better hanging out area.....
Old 07-04-2008 | 06:57 PM
JMAGOLAN
Rennlist Member

I just got back from Parade (arrived last Thursday to help with set-up). I did notice police cruisers parked in the Westin deck on several evenings, so security was covered. As stated above, it was a great time.

Jerry

Quick Reply: Porsche Parade?