Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPO on an '06 - Yea or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 07:37 PM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a CPO on my GT3. Crashed it at WGI. Repairs were extensive and the Insurance guy told me they were gonna total it if they had to replace the engine. There was a fire in back caused by a split fuel line.

The repair facility working with the dealership said they were gonna repair the motor. I asked my Sales guy if Porsche was still gonna honor future repairs under warranty since they were doing the fix on the motor after the wreck. This would have been 90+k future miles without having opened the engine to see if there was anything wrong, just replacing the melted plastic items. He went over and informed the other guys at repair that Porsche would be on the hook for this for 4+ years and lots of miles.

They then decided to replace the motor. The insurance company totaled the car and I got another P-car. C4 this time, with a CPO on a 1200 mile car. 5.5 years/98k miles.

I'm sold on CPOs!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 928FIXER
The OP describes the situation I found myself in when I purchased my '03. I opted for the CPO but required the dealer to eat the cost as part of the deal. To date, I've only needed warranty work on two occasions. Both were for loose internals in the cats. that caused a loud rattle at idle. Not a big deal but an expensive fix ($1800x2) that PCNA took care of as part of the CPO. Both occurred after the original warranty would have expired.
cats are covered 8/80 without cpo coverage.[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true. The 8/80 is coverage is for emission system defects. The car didn't throw a CEL (the dealer's stated criteria for replacement under the emissions warranty) but it did sound just like an old Dodge at stoplights.

Quick Reply: CPO on an '06 - Yea or nay?