Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Best exhaust while still sounding like a Porsche? (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/435740-best-exhaust-while-still-sounding-like-a-porsche.html)

frederickcook87 11-08-2021 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Diego Mintz (Post 17771866)
Hi!! I´ve installed the Fabspeed headers in my 997.1 C2 (manual) and I´m experiencing a very noticeable loss of torque in the lower rpm, so bad that makes the car to stall sometimes. When turning a street corner, in second gear, if I put too much gas, the engine stalls. It doesn´t happen with the OEM headers. I´m planning to make a ECU flash repro to see if it can fix the problem. Did you gain some power with your configuration? I want better torque as this car is my daily, and I really don´t care for gains in power in 7500rpm. Also I noticed that with the OEM headers I´ve never went full throtle above 2.000 rpm as the acceleration was brutal... now I can put my pedal to the floor after 2.000rpm and up to 3.500rpm the acceleration is slower than before... the difference occurs above 5.000rpm...

ive never heard of or experienced the issue you are having.

Diego Mintz 04-23-2022 03:46 PM

Hi! After month of track days and modifying the exhaust, I´ve managed to keep the Fabspeed Sport Headers and made the car perform better than with OEM setup. I strongly recommend to go all the way with Fabspeed parts and do not mix and match, as this could be a painfull, long and I´m sure that the car still can perform better with all the setup from Fabspeed, alongside with the Carbon intake, the Sport Cup exhaust and the ECU tunning. Atlhough I have only installed the sport headers and made a custom exhaust from that part on, the sound is impressive, I get compliments everywhere I go and the car performs a lot better at the track. Once it passes 4000 rpm, the car screams and accelerate much faster to the redline. I´m willing to complete the setup and install all the Fasbpeed setup so I can keep improving the car. So far I´ve installed only Fabspeed Sport Headers, so I feel the car has a lot more to give. On the sound point, it´s epic. I´ve got pulled by the local police and they stopped me just to ask me to go full speed so they can hear and enjoy the exhaust sound. It can only happen in a Porsche. I´m still improving the car and already installed a KW V3 suspension, which is day and night compared to OEM. Next changes will be Numeric short shifter, Goodridge braided brake lines , Titan roll cage, and the hole sport setup from Fabspeed (carbon Y intake, Sport Cup exhaust, ECU tune). I´ll keep you posted!

jfmartin25 04-23-2022 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by vizman (Post 5495612)
Im considering installing a new exhaust on my 07 997S. Performance is as important as sound so I have eliminated Tubi because 1. it does not sound like a Porsche (from what Ive gathered from the boards) 2. was not made to work with aftermarket cats. Ive strongly considered AWE, but recently started looking into Europipe as an alternative.

You're making a decision without actually hearing Tubi's in person? I have X51 Headers and a Tubi Muffler/exhaust and it sounds VERY much like a Porsche. It burbles when cold-start, braps nicely with throttle, and sounds like heaven under load.

FZP 04-24-2022 05:12 AM

Tubi exhaust was ace. Old mate needs to hear it with his own ears both from the outside and from within the cabin. Closest I've heard a water-cooled 911 sounding like an aircooled race car. Keep it below 3k rpm, and you can drive around town without attention.

rileyracing1 04-24-2022 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by axhoaxho (Post 5497964)
The PSE is what Porsche wants its own exhaust to sound like, so my vote goes to PSE too.

Regards,

I agree the PSE sounds great .... The trick I have found with the PSE is to get the car going once in awhile ... get the car up to up to 160 / 180 and then at regular speed the pitch and sound seems to open up a bit my motorcycle seems to do the same thing after a good blast .

misterdega 04-24-2022 03:32 PM

Here is my Soul exhaust as a ref.

Here is my previous exhaust that was Gundo hacked.

Hootsama 04-25-2022 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by misterdega (Post 18105877)

https://youtu.be/toCvKUhdnug

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/DOnmKHHv3kE

Soul sounds great, 'dega. Did you do headers and cats, too?

misterdega 04-25-2022 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Hootsama (Post 18107956)
Soul sounds great, 'dega. Did you do headers and cats, too?

Nope, those are all stock.

Hootsama 04-26-2022 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by misterdega (Post 18108045)
Nope, those are all stock.

Welp, now I'm one step closer to a Soul exhaust for my .1. Any noticeable change in performance? I'd prefer to install a used PSE system to stay closer to factory and curious any 'sacrifices' more so than any 'gains'...

Soul Performance 04-26-2022 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by misterdega (Post 18105877)

https://youtu.be/toCvKUhdnug

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/DOnmKHHv3kE

Thanks for posting up the video comparison, not often we see it that well done. If Mike hasn't already asked, what you be up for us using the SOUL equipped clip? If so, could you send the raw video to marketing@soulpp.com? We'd love to feature the car and add it into our resources for customer moving forwards : )

Originally Posted by Hootsama (Post 18108978)
Welp, now I'm one step closer to a Soul exhaust for my .1. Any noticeable change in performance? I'd prefer to install a used PSE system to stay closer to factory and curious any 'sacrifices' more so than any 'gains'...

We'd love to have you join the SOUL community, anything we can do to help you choose us with confidence don't hesitate to ask :cheers:

Regards,
John Gaydos

Diego Mintz 05-30-2022 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by frederickcook87 (Post 17772615)
ive never heard of or experienced the issue you are having.

Originally Posted by Diego Mintz (Post 18104520)
Hi! After month of track days and modifying the exhaust, I´ve managed to keep the Fabspeed Sport Headers and made the car perform better than with OEM setup. I strongly recommend to go all the way with Fabspeed parts and do not mix and match, as this could be a painfull, long and I´m sure that the car still can perform better with all the setup from Fabspeed, alongside with the Carbon intake, the Sport Cup exhaust and the ECU tunning. Atlhough I have only installed the sport headers and made a custom exhaust from that part on, the sound is impressive, I get compliments everywhere I go and the car performs a lot better at the track. Once it passes 4000 rpm, the car screams and accelerate much faster to the redline. I´m willing to complete the setup and install all the Fasbpeed setup so I can keep improving the car. So far I´ve installed only Fabspeed Sport Headers, so I feel the car has a lot more to give. On the sound point, it´s epic. I´ve got pulled by the local police and they stopped me just to ask me to go full speed so they can hear and enjoy the exhaust sound. It can only happen in a Porsche. I´m still improving the car and already installed a KW V3 suspension, which is day and night compared to OEM. Next changes will be Numeric short shifter, Goodridge braided brake lines , Titan roll cage, and the hole sport setup from Fabspeed (carbon Y intake, Sport Cup exhaust, ECU tune). I´ll keep you posted!

Please check my build at @perfect_997c2

sandwedge 05-31-2022 02:52 AM

I don't know that there will ever be any consensus on this topic which has been brought up more times than I can remember. First reason of course is that there are so many options and combinations available that I doubt anyone has heard all of them. And even if you somehow managed to find a group of say 10 people who all claimed to have heard every available exhaust option/combination for the 997.1 and 997.2, exhaust note is so subjective that you would probably get 10 different opinions.

PSE and Sharkwerks on my GTS sounds very much like a Porsche at its best to me so I personally have no desire to experiment further. No affiliation with Sharkwerks btw.

Soul Performance 05-31-2022 11:08 AM

I just want everyone to know that we make it a point to be as accommodating as we can. We're happy to chat on the phone to see if we can meet your unique needs. We will also take the system back if it you feel it doesn't quite meet the mark that we suggested it would hit. We're always here, and we're always ready to help. :)

-Mike