Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most expensive Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008 | 05:48 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by THPorsche
at least he will have the $75 umbrella if it starts to rain. Wonder how much the dealer charged for "installation".

Hey, I actually like that umbrella . . . fits in the passenger door sill and use it all the time in the Northeast . . .

But that Boxster is an abomination, and the wing is hideous.

Buying a farnbacher loles Cayman RS and cutting the roof off probably would have cost about the same and it would have been a better car . . .
Old 06-06-2008 | 05:57 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Holy.

Embarrassing that we share the road.
Old 06-06-2008 | 05:58 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Hey, I actually like that umbrella . . . fits in the passenger door sill and use it all the time in the Northeast . . .

Buying a farnbacher loles Cayman RS and cutting the roof off probably would have cost about the same and it would have been a better car . . .
Nothing against the umbrella but to order it with the car? I guess the sales forgot to mention the $150 Porsche aluminum gas cap or the battery charger.
Old 06-06-2008 | 06:32 PM
Kevin H. in Atl..
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cello
Is the 'power package' an offered option for a Boxster, like the X51 for the 997?
Looks to me like all of the power upgrades are listed as "Dealer Installed Additional Equipment", as opposed to the other group of upgrades listed as "Dealer Installed Porsche Equipment".
So, no, it does not appear to be a Porsche Factory option, but rather dealer installed aftermarket parts.
Old 06-06-2008 | 06:43 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by THPorsche
Nothing against the umbrella but to order it with the car? I guess the sales forgot to mention the $150 Porsche aluminum gas cap or the battery charger.
Ordering with the car isn't the problem. The dealer listing it on the sticker and, presumably, not throwing it in for free is the problem.

But . . . who knows . . . just because all of those fees are listed on the sticker does NOT mean that the purchaser actually paid that amount. Maybe the dealer just listed to show the "value" of the discount given to purchaser. Who knows, maybe the buyer only paid $65K for that tarted-up piglet.
Old 06-06-2008 | 07:25 PM
Landmule
Advanced

Maybe the dealer just listed to show the "value" of the discount given to purchaser. Who knows, maybe the buyer only paid $65K for that tarted-up piglet.

I like that "...tarted-up piglet!" Truer words I have not read today.
Old 06-06-2008 | 08:58 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Harvey in MD
Ouch, over $110K, but nice power. So you can order a very special car from Porsche.
The Monroney sticker ended at $80,980. The dealer added the rest.
Old 06-06-2008 | 10:03 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Kevin H. in Atl..
Looks to me like all of the power upgrades are listed as "Dealer Installed Additional Equipment", as opposed to the other group of upgrades listed as "Dealer Installed Porsche Equipment".
So, no, it does not appear to be a Porsche Factory option, but rather dealer installed aftermarket parts.

Good catch. Looked again and you are correct. I always thought that the window sticker was from the manufacturer with the dealer add ons on the purchase agreement. I wonder if the DME re map and other mods would be warranted by Porsche?

Vitamin_J - me too!!
Old 06-06-2008 | 10:05 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Saw one just like it at Pep Boys for $59. Niiiiice!
Old 06-06-2008 | 10:26 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Is the 'power package' an offered option for a Boxster, like the X51 for the 997?

It would be cool if Porsche would specially configure a one off on the asking - A Turbo with a Targa roof would be very sweet.
I was lucky enough to have a factory order 89 Turbo Targa..Guards Red/Black with red Fuchs..Loved that car...despite the Turbo lag around the city drive. BTW, A guards red Turbo Targa was the certerfold car of the 89 brochure.
Old 06-06-2008 | 10:28 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How do they say, yes i think its: THIS THREAD IS USELESS W/O PICS!!! Sounds like a wonderful ride - if you have pics post pls!
Old 06-06-2008 | 10:33 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

What the hell? GT3 Carbon seats? All these items in a boxter that now looks like your local kids rice'd out civic?

I'd take the money and get the FarnbacherLoles Caymen GTR car. Seen several up close and I know THAT car is worth the price if your're a real track junky! AT least the FBL has the X51 engine and a full Cross coilover system.

I think the unbrella is for the dealer to shove up the purchaser's *** and open it!

If "Joe Ricer" wanted a rice'd out car, he should have purchased a Nissan GT-R and add a spoiler on it. Then he'd have the ability to dust a few of our cars for less $$.

I may have an Aerokit on my C2S but that wing on the boxter looks dumb-*** looking. And what's with the "RS" label on it?

Deanski
Old 06-06-2008 | 10:54 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How do they say, yes i think its: THIS THREAD IS USELESS W/O PICS!!! Sounds like a wonderful ride - if you have pics post pls!
Found one in the old album..before I had the wheels painted to match. A neat car.
Attached Images  
Old 06-06-2008 | 11:00 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Beautiful, RAKLAW! Thanks for the same.
Old 06-06-2008 | 11:09 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Beautiful, RAKLAW! Thanks for the same.

She had a nice butt too!! Thanks for allowing me to reminesce
Attached Images