Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Local in Ma (boston area) up for a group ride?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:26 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default July 13nth 2008 GROUP ride Ma area new details added....

UPDATE:
Sunday July 13nth 2008

Porsche Informal Meet/Ride part II.....
Date: July 13nth 2008
Time: 4:30pm
Place: Hopkinton Ma. -starting line of the Boston Marathon- (35min from Boston, 25 min from Worcester area, 35 min from Providence, 50min from parts of NH area)

Directions: From Boston or Worcester area take Mass Pike to rte 495s, then take Exit 21a off 495S (2 exits down) Go straight through 3 sets of lights and it will come up on your right side.... From Providence area take 95 to 495N...to 21A...and from NH take 495 south to 21A etc...Can not miss it; Town green is on your right, small park, Gazebo, Marathon Statue there etc... There is parking surrounding the park. For GPS purpose use 12 Ash Street, 01748, Hopkinton Ma.

Info:
Town center there is a Bills Pizza sub shop, a pharmacy with an attached Brigham's outdoor Ice Cream stand (this right after the third set of lights area on left before the town center meeting place).... also at third set of lights if you take a left instead of going straight there is a Subway and convenient mart right there as well. Also numerous gas stations and a food mart at the third set of lights.

Hoping to plan a group ride maybe on sunday June 1st (this sunday) in the evening maybe 6pm? Curious if there were any local P car owners up for an informal meet, get together and ride. I would like to suggest Hopkinton Ma. (town center, start of the Boston Marathon area) for the meet and then ride from there. May take a some time but would be great if we could get a regular group together local..... Thanks, please PM direct with your email if you maybe interested. Thanks

Hope you had a nice long holiday week end!

Last edited by mickfluff; 06-10-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get a group of people that want to come North, say, to Portsmouth, NH, i'd be interested.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:08 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default sure...

would be great to get a few groups together, maybe one in NH, one in Boston, one metro west/boston and then pick a meeting point for all to converge etc.... may take some planning and some time to get groups but the reult could be a good time.... thanks for the note back.

Originally Posted by Alfie
If you get a group of people that want to come North, say, to Portsmouth, NH, i'd be interested.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Circe
Advanced

Originally Posted by Alfie
Me too.

This might give me a chance to try out Porche's famous nav system!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Great idea Mickfluff.
I'll have to be wishy washy and say that I might be able to come and play - I am scheduled to work Sunday but I'll know mid-afternoon whether or not I'll be free to come play. Please RSVP me as a 'possible.'
Old 05-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Restless
Rennlist Member

You might want to check out the Autocross at FT Devens. NER PCA will be running on Sunday.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:10 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default thanks

wish i could, booked sunday day, but free in the evening.... Uxbridge isn't all that far..... are you around?

Originally Posted by Restless
You might want to check out the Autocross at FT Devens. NER PCA will be running on Sunday.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:23 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Would love to come but can't make in Sunday. Weekend of the 21st/22nd would be better for me.

Also, FWIW, PCA NE did a nice route on the "Patriot's Run" if you are looking for a course/route to follow.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by Restless
Damn straight! And my understanding is that we will be able to take others along for a ride around the cones. (don't hold me to that one, sometimes limited to participants only.)
Old 05-28-2008, 06:16 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default this actually maybe good!

I actually have gotten some interest from a few others that plan on hitting Devens for autocross (which I believe wraps up at 5pm) and then possibly meeting for the a group ride, as the Hopkinton Location is only 20+ min from Harvard Ma/Devens location.....

what do you think could you pull it off????????????

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Damn straight! And my understanding is that we will be able to take others along for a ride around the cones. (don't hold me to that one, sometimes limited to participants only.)
Old 05-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
I actually have gotten some interest from a few others that plan on hitting Devens for autocross (which I believe wraps up at 5pm) and then possibly meeting for the a group ride, as the Hopkinton Location is only 20+ min from Harvard Ma/Devens location.....

what do you think could you pull it off????????????
There is no problem with people entering the autox area to meet up, usually plenty of room to park at the far end of the "paddock" This would really be a great place to start your run because anyone arriving early will be entertained by watching us drive the snot out of our cars, and hopefully get rides in same.
Wifey and I would like to go on this run but reality is that we are kinda spent after a day of cone killing. We get up at 4:45 to SSS, breaky, and finish prepping the cars, and are usually on site before 7:30. Add to that the fact that my RS will be rolling on Hooters so is no longer street legal and will be trailered there.
If they allow it you are more than welcome to ride along with myself or maybe wifey in the C2S, just need a helmet. They usually have a loaner or two.
STRICTLY OBSERVE THE SPEED LIMITS IN THE TOWN OF AYRE!!! AND ON RT 2!!!

Warning.
Autocross has been proven to be addictive in as few as 3 exposures. Consult your performance tuner if the erection persist more than 3 hours.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:07 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default sorry for replying late

just saw this, we had a nice turn out, and will plan more, thansk for the note on the autocross and offer to ride along... may take you up on this in the future! PM me your email and will add you to my local Ma area P car owners and can send you an email on the next ride...... thanks!

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
There is no problem with people entering the autox area to meet up, usually plenty of room to park at the far end of the "paddock" This would really be a great place to start your run because anyone arriving early will be entertained by watching us drive the snot out of our cars, and hopefully get rides in same.
Wifey and I would like to go on this run but reality is that we are kinda spent after a day of cone killing. We get up at 4:45 to SSS, breaky, and finish prepping the cars, and are usually on site before 7:30. Add to that the fact that my RS will be rolling on Hooters so is no longer street legal and will be trailered there.
If they allow it you are more than welcome to ride along with myself or maybe wifey in the C2S, just need a helmet. They usually have a loaner or two.
STRICTLY OBSERVE THE SPEED LIMITS IN THE TOWN OF AYRE!!! AND ON RT 2!!!

Warning.
Autocross has been proven to be addictive in as few as 3 exposures. Consult your performance tuner if the erection persist more than 3 hours.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:32 PM
damoncooper
Intermediate

Count me in for future rides as well!

Waltham, MA here. (Black 997 C4 Cab)

Damon
Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default PM me

please send me your email by PM and will add you to the list....

QUOTE=damoncooper;5481435]Count me in for future rides as well!

Waltham, MA here. (Black 997 C4 Cab)

Damon[/QUOTE]
Old 06-08-2008, 08:36 PM
pred8or
Racer

What do you have to do to run in the Ft. Devens autocross and what is the course like? any 3rd gear?

Thanks Tim,

Quick Reply: Anyone Local in Ma (boston area) up for a group ride?